Sunday Withy The Secretary 2022 #46 (Thursday Edition)

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday Withy The Secretary 2022 #46 (Thursday Edition)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

OK OK I get it it’s Thursday.. why is Jim putting out a newsletter today.. well, Sunday is another holiday and there is just a lot going on that it really can’t wait 10 days to communicate.

First and foremost, we have our first Stated Meeting as the combined St. Alban Lodge on Wednesday, January 11th. We are setting up a banquet at Maggiano’s starting at 5:30p and it will be a family style, preplanned menu. There will be a cash bar if you wish to have an adult beverage.We will be in the Palumbo Room which is to the far left when you enter the restaurant. I would appreciate getting a head count as quickly as possible as we are planning on a banquet for 60. We will not charge a copay for this meal, but moving forward, copays for stated meetings will be $15 for the meal and $5 for the parking voucher. There is no copay for Extra Meetings.

The agenda for January is pretty simple.. we will be installing the appointed officers for 2023, presenting PM jewels and our WM, Kyle, will be reviewing his calendar and committees. Extra Meetings are also being set up as we have approximately 17 candidates in the process of initiation.. WOW!!! The WM has also indicated that given the huge number of candidates we are working at the moment, if you have someone interested in joining, please see if they would be willing to wait a couple of months until we get caught up (never said that ever in 37 years as a member of the Fraternity lol!)

If you have not signed up on Grandview and created your personal membership record, I have enclosed simple instructions to do so. Just respond and request your membership number from me if you don’t already have it.

Dues cards for 2023 have been mailed to 529 members who were on the rolls prior to 12/27/22.. if you fulfilled your obligation and paid your dues. The due date is 12/31. I believe Andrew is handling dues cards for 591 members who are paid up.

For those former Equity members who have been Master Masons less than 1 year, there is a program called the Master Builders Award which is an amazing way for a new mason to get involved and learn more about the Fraternity (in addition to your Mentor, of course). Several current 529 members are in the process of receiving this award. I have attached instructions for participating in the Master Builders program. More seasoned masons can participate in the Master Craftsman and Master Pillar awards programs. Info on these awards can be found on the GL website.

St. Alban also has a Scholarship Program for members and direct relations pursuing post HS education. The scholarships are named in memory of Br. Joseph A. Fletcher, Jr., P.M. and are typically awarded in June. I am revising the application for 2023 and should have it out to you in the next couple of weeks.

If you are on Facebook, I would invite you to request to join our private Facebook page, named “St. Alban Lodge No. 529 Ancient York Rite F&AM”. We post there regularly.

I believe that is enough for now. Please reach out with any questions or concerns. Happy New Year to all of you and your families!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights