Sunday With The Secretary 2023 #4

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2023 #4

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Morning Brethren-

Wanted to get the message out before we watch the Eagles win the NFC Championship today!! Hope this finds you well.. First things first.. apparently there is a rogue email address being sent out with my name on it. The only email addresses you will see from me is either [email protected] or [email protected]. Any other should be deleted.

BRETHREN- THERE WAS AN ERROR IN THE LODGE NOTICE. THE FIRST EXTRA MEETING WILL BE ON WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 15TH, NOT MONDAY! I APOLOGIZE FOR THE ERROR AND THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO REACHED OUT!

I am asking a favor today.. we are planning to go to Maggiano’s for our Stated Meeting on February 8th, however they will not give me a reservation exceeding 40 persons unless I can prove that we will have 40+ attending. 33 of you have already responded that you will be attending the dinner/ meeting, which I very much appreciate. It is IMPERATIVE that I have an accurate count if we are going to make this work. Please do not wait until the last minute to reserve your spot.. I need to know ASAP!

Our Stated this month is on 2/8 and we have a speaker lined up who will discuss how the Masonic Fraternity influenced the origins of Boy Scouting. As a former Boy Scout and lifelong Eagle Scout, I will be very interested in this presentation. For those of you who hold the rank of Eagle Scout, did you know there is a Masonic Eagle pin you can purchase? You just need to prove that you earned the Eagle Scout.

The WM has scheduled 2 Extra Meetings in February. The first will be on Wednesday, February 15th in Philly at which time we will be conferring 2 EA Degrees (easy night by our standards). A 2nd Extra has been scheduled for Saturday, February 18th in Jenkintown at which time we will confer 4 FC Degrees. Attendance at Extra Meetings has also been strong and we thank you for that.

Just a reminder that we will be hosting the DDGM and Officers of District C at our March Stated Meeting. We also hope to present significant anniversary pins that evening. Given the sheer size of our group that evening (maybe 100+), we will be eating at the Temple.

Scholarship applications were emailed out last week and as a reminder, the due date for submissions is May 15th. The awards will be presented at our June Stated Meeting.

Please be advised it is the WM’s will and pleasure that any member who is 2 years in arrears with dues WILL be suspended at our 2/8 Stated Meeting. We have 16 on the list who have not responded to our multiple attempts to contact. With the extreme rise in GL dues, we simply can not afford to carry members year after year. If you have not paid your dues for 2023, you are in danger of also being suspended. April is the absolute deadline!

Don’t forget to sign up for Grandview.. we only need a few more to top the 50% mark of registered members. If you need assistance, let me know.

That’s all for this week. Go Birds!!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      Mitchell Lodge No. 81
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529
      Hiram No. 81 Hall Association- Director
      Deputy Executive Officer, Region H- PA DeMolay

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights