Sunday With the Secretary 2023 #31 (and final)

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With the Secretary 2023 #31 (and final)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Date: Sun, Dec 10, 2023 at 8:10 AM
      Subject: Sunday With the Secretary 2023 #31 (and final)
      To: James Clancy secty529jtc@gmail.com

Good Morning Brethren and Happy Hanukkah to our Brethren who celebrate!

We start the week out on Monday with our Instruction Meeting. We will be focusing on the election procedures, including the Teller ritual, as well as the Installation of Officers. The instruction night will begin at 7p at the Masonic Temple. I’m not sure of our room assignment, but as you come in and look up and to the right, you will see the Trestle Board which lists which room each of the Lodges is assigned to that night. If anyone would like a bite to eat prior, I usually find myself at Maggiano’s around 5:30 or so.

We have had an excellent response to our Stated Meeting on Wednesday the 13th. As of this morning, we have had approximately 60 brethren and guests RSVP. We can handle a few more so if you haven’t responded and would like to attend, please let me know no later than the end of business tomorrow. Again, the program is the OPEN Installation of Officers for 2024 so non-Masonic guests are permitted for the Installation portion of the evening. Needless to say, we will do our best to run through the business of the Lodge as quickly as we can so as to not keep our guests waiting. This will be Br. Kyle’s last meeting as our WM and I’m sure you all agree what an amazing job he did this year. Congratulations Kyle!

There will be no Extra Meeting in December and thanks to all who have worked hard attending Extra Meetings of the Lodge as we conferred well over 50 Degrees in 2023! Job well done!

This weekend I mailed out approximately 200 dues cards to those who have paid their 2024 dues plus our Life Members. I’m happy to report that well over 100 members exercised their option on Grandview and paid online. I will be issuing a final dues notice to those who still need to pay as the deadline of 12/31 is drawing close.

I am so honored at the response received for my DDGM presentation on January 20, 2024. Over (30) 529 members and guests have rsvp’d. If you are interested in attending, just send me a quick email letting me know. Again, this is an open program so guests may also attend. The program begins at 4p in Corinthian Hall with dinner afterward in the Grand Banquet Hall. The new RWGM and several Grand Lodge Officers will be in attendance including Masons from all across Region 1. That morning at 10a is the Annual LuLu Temple Breakfast honoring our new RWGM, Br. Larry Derr. We typically buy a table for this event.

On a final note, as there is not much going on after this week, this will be my final Sunday With the Secretary as my term as your Secretary comes to an end at Noon on December 27th. It has been both an honor and a pleasure serving this Lodge for these past 7 years and I am so appreciative of the support I have received. I came into this position pretty green and followed an icon who served in this role for 18 years, Br. Robert Stauffer, but with his guidance and the assistance of so many others, we made things work! We have had our ups and downs over the years, but I am so proud of how this Lodge has evolved into what it is today, a youthful, diverse, progressive and above all else, a wonderful place where good men are truly made better. I am better for having been a part of St. Alban Lodge No. 529 and I wish nothing but continued success as we embark on a major year.. our 150th Anniversary and hosting the International Gathering! My best wishes to the incoming officers whom I know will do an excellent job. I want to give a special shout out to Andrew Schure. We are so fortunate to have Andrew stepping into the Secretary role. Besides being an experienced Lodge Secretary, Andrew is very excited and will work hard for you. Brethren, our Lodge is in excellent hands. Please know that I intend to continue coming out to Lodge as much as I can in a more supportive role. St. Alban is a part of my life and I fully intend to stick around and see what the future has to offer. I’m there anytime you need me!

Brethren- my wishes for an amazing Holiday season, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa and for all of us, a very Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      Mitchell Lodge No. 81
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529
      Hiram No. 81 Hall Association- Director
      Deputy Executive Officer, Region H- PA DeMolay
      District Deputy Grand Master- Select, District “D” (eff. 12/27/2023)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights