Sunday With the Secretary 2023 #29

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With the Secretary 2023 #29

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren-

We had an awesome stated meeting last week with an excellent attendance that really filled Norman Hall. We honored our Veterans, Past Masters and paid tribute to the Brethren we lost over the past year. It was a night of great fellowship!

We have an Extra Meeting coming up this Saturday, November 18th beginning at 9:30a in Jenkintown. The Hall has been reserved and we will have lunch at the Drake Tavern afterward. We will be conferring 2 MM Degrees on Patrick Campbell and Khair Washington so it should not be a lengthy day so if we get started on time, we should be out by Noon.

We have reserved a couple of bays at TopGolf in NE Philly for Thursday, November 30th at 7:30p so please advise if you are interested in attending.

Our December Stated Meeting will be held on the 13th and we will have our Election and Installation of Officers. As we have a non-PM presumptively being installed as WM, it is most important that we have a good number of PM’s in attendance so the last section of the Installation will look impressive for our incoming Master. If you know you will be attending in December, please let me know now. The installation will be open so non Masons may also attend. We are working out a proposal to POSSIBLY have dinner at Maggiano’s under the following conditions. We will be ordering a family style meal with all entrees under $26 and any alcohol consumed must be paid for at the bar. If the proposed price comes close to what we would pay at the Temple, then we will probably have dinner at the Maggiano’s banquet room and still maintain the $15 copay for dinner and $5 copay for parking. I must have an accurate count for dinner either way by the end of the month. It is a busy Holiday season time for restaurants so we cannot accept reservations the week of the meeting. Speaking of reservations, several members came to dinner last week without notifying me which put us significantly over our count and thankfully, Edgemont was able to accommodate. You MUST contact me to make a reservation for dinner and if you do reserve then need to cancel, I need to have that information as well. For the December meeting, given the expected large attendance, I will publish the list of those who reserved. If you do not make a reservation, You WILL NOT be able to join us for dinner.

I want to thank the 150+ members who have either forwarded me their 2024 dues or paid online via Grandview. Well over half of the Lodge is paid up for 2024. The deadline for dues payment is December 31st and if you need assistance creating a Grandview account or paying online, please reach out to me. I am sending the instructions for creating your account on Grandview and your membership ID is located on your emailed dues notice. You can also reach out to me to get your ID number.

Please be advised that I will be out of the Country and intend to “tune out” the week of November 20-27th. If you have an urgent matter please reach out to one of the Elected Officers during my absence.

Have a great week, Brethren and if I don’t see or speak with you, have a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and family.

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      Mitchell Lodge No. 81
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529
      Hiram No. 81 Hall Association- Director
      Deputy Executive Officer, Region H- PA DeMolay
      District Deputy Grand Master- Select, District “D” (eff. 12/27/2023)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights