Sunday With the Secretary 2023 #28

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With the Secretary 2023 #28

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Morning Brethren-

First, apologies for not having written the past couple of weeks, but work and my pending DDGM appointment have been keeping me extra busy this past month. Let’s review some upcoming events for the Lodge..

Our WM, Br. Kyle, sent out a robocall last evening to remind you of our Stated Meeting this coming Wednesday. Dinner will be served at 6p in the Lower Banquet Room or as Kyle put it… the basement lol! It will be a traditional Thanksgiving meal. The meeting will start at 7:30p and the agenda is quite full so it should be a great night of fellowship! Please make your reservations today if possible.

Tomorrow evening, we will be having our Instruction Night at 7p at the Masonic Temple.

We have an Extra Meeting set for Saturday, November 18th in Jenkintown at which time we are planning to confer the Master Mason Degree on Patrick Campbell, Khair Washington and James Mualem. We will start promptly at 9:30a. It’s hard to believe, but for the first time in nearly 2 years, our degree que is empty and we will NOT be having an Extra Meeting in December. Congrats to everyone who helped us confer degrees on our 18 new members that we have initiated since the merger of Equity into St. Alban Lodge!

In a few months, we will send out our scholarship application, but I wanted to let you know that I received a stack of scholarship guides from the Pa. Masonic Youth Foundation listing all available scholarships for 2024 across the Commonwealth. If you would like a copy, please advise.

I’m proud to say that over 50% of the Lodge has satisfied their dues requirement for 2024 and most have been done online which has really reduced the amount of work I need to do. Dues cards for 2024 will be issued when I return from my vacation right after Thanksgiving.

This past week, the planning committee met with our presumptive WM-elect, Br. Herman C. Wilson, Jr. Br. Herman submitted his term plan, officer line and budget for review. It was a good discussion and I can say with much confidence that we will have a very good year ahead of us which includes the celebration of our 150th Anniversary as well as hosting the 81st Gathering of St. Alban Lodges, September 13-15, 2024.

I believe that’s all for now..we are looking at another Top Golf Night in NE Philly on Thursday, November 30th. Let me know if you have interest in attending.

Have a great week and don’t forget to make your dinner reservations for Wednesday!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      Mitchell Lodge No. 81
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529
      Hiram No. 81 Hall Association- Director
      Deputy Executive Officer, Region H- PA DeMolay
      District Deputy Grand Master- Select, District “D” (eff. 12/27/2023)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights