Sunday With the Secretary 2023 #19

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With the Secretary 2023 #19

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Morning Brethren-

What a phenomenal stated meeting we had on Wednesday. Between the delicious banquet, the presentation of 17 scholarships and the wonderful concert by Br. Lorenzo Mazzamuto and Jin Yuan Park, it was an amazing way to close out prior to our summer recess. I am going to stop the SWTS somewhat over the summer unless there is information I need to pass along to you regarding upcoming events or extra meetings.

With regards to extra meetings, we are putting together dates for extra meetings in August. All of our current candidates have received at least an EA Degree. Right now we have 9 that need their 3rd Degree and 2 that need their 2nd Degree. We feel the best way to accomplish this is by scheduling weekend degree days. We will have petitions ready to start in September and October and we would like to avoid a log jam so to speak. Doing 3rd Degrees on weeknights just is not feasible, especially given the large number we have.

We have a dinner scheduled at the Victor Cafe in S. Philly set for July 30th. We can accommodate 25 Brothers so if interested, please respond and advise. This is a very unique restaurant with all staff being music students studying voice. They sing to you during the course of the night. You will also recognize the restaurant as the site of “Adriennes” in the later Rocky movies and first Creed film.

Just a reminder the District Drive In Movie Night is set for August 19th. There is room for 60 cars so if interested, just let me know. The movie is family oriented, “Goonies”.

That’s all for now. Have a great week Brethren, especially since we can breathe the air outside again!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      Mitchell Lodge No. 81
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529
      Hiram No. 81 Hall Association- Director
      Deputy Executive Officer, Region H- PA DeMolay

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights