Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #41

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #41

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren-

I would like to begin by offering my thanks to those who came or supported the Beef & Beer this past week for the benefit of Mitchell Lodge No. 81 Building Fund. The event was extremely well attended and raised nearly 18K to assist with future rebuilding costs for the Chestnut Hill Masonic Temple. If you are still interested in assisting, a GoFundMe has been established at https://gofund.me/71e106b2. Again thanks to 529 for the support.

We will start this week with an instruction night on Monday at 7pm in Meeting Room 10 in the lower level of the Temple. We will be reviewing the opening/ closing/ balloting for our proposed 2023 Officer line as well as reviewing the Memorial Service for Wednesday’s meeting.

This Wednesday is our Stated Meeting in Renaissance Hall. Dinner will start at 5:30p at Maggiano’s. Right now I have 25 for dinner. If you plan on attending and haven’t contacted me, I need to know by tomorrow afternoon at the latest so I can give the final head count to the restaurant. At our meeting, we will be balloting on the petitions of Brian Gorton and Kenneth Jones as well as reading the petition for the first time for Neil Larocque. We will also be honoring our Veterans as well as conducting our annual Memorial Service for those who have passed over the last 12 mos. There might also be an additional surprise!

Our Jenkintown School of Instruction will begin reviewing the Installation and Election procedures on November 15th. We have representatives who plan to attend, but the more the merrier to prepare for our December Stated Meeting. We are being required to conduct an election utilizing Tellers for one office elected again this year.

We will be having an Extra Meeting on Monday, November 21st with dinner starting again at 5:30p. The EA Degree will be conferred upon Emmanuel Gonzalez and Alimmany Kromah.

Plans are already coming together for December. Two of our members, Evan Martin & Douglas Whitmire, have filed their applications for the Master Builders Award. If all goes well, they will both be receiving their plaque at the Grand Lodge Quarterly Communication in Philadelphia on December 7th by the Right Worshipful Grand Master. I plan to attend to record the event.

Our merger should also be finalized at the Quarterly Communication. Equity’s plan is to open their meeting for the last time on December 14th, surrender their Warrant to their DDGM, then join us for the Election & Installation of Officers. They also plan on joining us for dinner that evening. We will have our first official joint meeting as one Lodge on Wednesday, January 11th.

Just a reminder that dues notices were emailed out to those members who still owe dues for 2023. I also want to remind you that I will be on vacation the week of November 13th so there will be no SWTS next week. If I’m not too jet lagged, I’lll resume the following Sunday.

Have a great week Brethren and hope to see many of you in the coming days.

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights