Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #40

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #40

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Morning Brethren-

Tough loss for the Phillies last night, but what an improbable run they are having and such excitement they and the Eagles are bringing to the city.

I want to thank everyone that volunteered their time to assist with the Masonic Baby Shower this weekend. 529 had a great presence at this amazing event and over 50 soon to be new mothers received amazing gifts to help with their first year of motherhood.

Check out the most recent edition of the Freemason which contains a very inspiring story of our own Br. Gerald Francis. Br. Francis and his wife recently moved into the Masonic Village at Lafayette Hill after Gerry suffered a near fatal medical event early last year. We continue to send our best to Gerry and his wife and look forward to welcoming him back to Lodge soon.

Our schedule is pretty quiet until the 2nd week of November. We will be having an Instruction night on the 7th (Monday) at which time we will be working with the proposed 2023 Officers on the Business of the Lodge and also reviewing Election and Installation of Officers for the December stated meeting. It is well to note that we are required to do the Teller station again this year for one elected officer. These procedures will be reviewed at the Jenkintown School starting in November so if you are participating in the Installation of Officers, please try to attend Jenkintown School.

November 9th is our Stated Meeting so please get dinner reservations to me as soon as you can. The Lodge Notice will be going out shortly with all of the particulars. We only have 1 Extra Meeting this month on the 21st at which time, the Entered Apprentice Degree will be conferred on Emmanuel Hernandez and Alimmany Kromah.

A dues reminder email will be sent on November 1st to all those who still owe 2023 dues. Please try to pay as soon as you can. Let me know if there are any issues preventing you from taking care of dues. Dues cards for Lifetime Members will go out in the next few weeks. Dues cards for everyone else will start to go out the first week of December.

To all of our newly raised Master Masons and those under one year of membership, don’t forget to apply for the Master Builder Award. I recently submitted our 2nd applicant in as many months and look forward to many more in the near future.

I wanted to let you know I will be taking some vacation time from November 12-20 and fully intend to “disconnect from the world” lol. Any issues can be referred to our Elected Officers during this time.

With regards to the proposed merger with Equity Lodge No. 591. Equity intends to close their December meeting early and join us for the Election and Installation of Officers as a sign of unity. If the merger is approved by Grand Lodge and all goes through, our first joint meeting will be January 11, 2023.

Have a great week, Brethren. Go Phillies & Go Eagles!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights