Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #38

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #38

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Morning Brethren-

As you are probably aware, this past August, our Brothers at Mitchell Lodge No. 81 in Chestnut Hill suffered a devastating loss when fire burned their Masonic Lodge building. The building was originally used as the meeting place for the Knights of Pythias beginning in 1859 and was transferred over to the then Hiram Lodge No. 81 in 1912 where the Lodge has continuously met ever since. The building is in the process of being stabilized with the idea that some sort of rebuild will take place. Insurance is only going to provide so much for the restoration so a fundraising program has been launched. The neighborhood and businesses of Chestnut Hill have rallied behind the Lodge as the building has a significant historical place in Chestnut Hill and is registered as an Historic Landmark. The first fundraising event has been scheduled for 11/2/22 at the Venetian Club in Chestnut Hill. The event is a “Beef and Beer Night” and will also feature a silent auction. Tickets are $55 for the event with proceeds benefiting the Hiram Lodge Hall Association as well as an employee of one of the sponsoring businesses who has suffered a significant medical event and needs assistance with medical costs. I am hoping we can assist our Brothers in Chestnut Hill by participating in this event. We will be asking our Charity Committee to assist with some of the overhead expenses and a motion will be made at our Stated Meeting this Wednesday, 10/12. The link to purchase tickets for the event is-

http://chconservancy.ticketleap.com/beef-beer-and-baked-goods-fundraiser-for-hiram-lodge/.

Please keep 11/2 from 6-9p on your calendars. All information for the event is in the link.

This week begins a busy month for us. Tomorrow, Monday, is our Lodge Instruction Night in Renaissance Hall at 7pm. Wednesday is our Stated Meeting at which time our DDGM, Br. Sam Freeman will be making an official visit. At the meeting we will be approving the motion for merger with Equity Lodge No. 591, proposing changes to our by-laws, balloting on 3 petitions and recognizing our Past Masters. Dinner will be at 5:30p at Maggiano’s. Right now I have over 30 registered for dinner so if you plan on attending, it is imperative I hear from you. THANK YOU!!

We have 3 Extra Meetings scheduled for October 17th, 19th & 24th to raise our 6 Fellowcraft to the Sublime Degree of a Master Mason. Meetings all start at 7:30pm with dinner at Maggiano’s at 5:30pm.

I haven’t heard from anyone else regarding the Masonic Baby Shower on 10/29 & 10/30 so I will be submitting the final list to Sam.

I think that’s all for this week. Looking forward to seeing many of you at all of our upcoming meetings..

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights