Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #34

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #34

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren and Happy Labor Day Weekend!

How impressive it was to see the turn out of Masons at the Service for our departed Br. Bill Roosevelt this past Thursday. It was obvious Bill was very loved and respected by the Masonic community and obviously touched many lives. It was an outstanding send off to an outstanding Mason and I for one, was proud to be a part of this great Fraternity.

September has arrived which means we kick back into full gear with activities. Our Jenkintown Masonic School comes off recess this Tuesday, September 6th at the Jenkintown Masonic Temple 443 N. York Rd. If you are planning to advance in the chairs, time is running out to schedule yourself to be checked and certified. This is also the best place to learn ritual work with proper mechanics. It is open to all Masons regardless of Degree.

Thursday, September 8th is the Stated Meeting for Mitchell Lodge No. 81 which will be held at the Jenkintown Masonic Temple. The Lodge is still dealing with the after effects of the devastating fire at their Masonic Hall in Chestnut Hill last month and Lodges will be attending to support them. They have dinner at 6:30p and their meeting starts at 7:30p. I believe there are 4 or 5 of us attending.

Monday, September 12th we have 2 things happening. First, our Elected Officers will be attending a District Visit to Richard Vaux-Brotherhood Lodge No. 126 in Egyptian Hall and right down the hall in Renaissance, we will be having our informal Instruction Night for any officer wanting more instruction on their chair or for any Entered Apprentice Masons to review what they need to know for their upcoming FC Degree. I will be there to provide instruction which starts at 7pm. You do not need to wear a jacket and tie for this, but please dress business casual. If you are working on the Master Builders Award and need to complete the requirement for attending a District Visitation, this will be a great opportunity for you.

Wednesday, September 14th is our Stated Meeting at 7:30p with dinner at Maggiano’s at 5:30p (or whenever you can get there). I thank those of you that have contacted me regarding reservations. I must make reservations this week so please contact me if you plan on attending. Please don’t just show up as it causes an issue with the restaurant. There will be a $15 copay for dinner and $5 for the parking voucher. Remember this is JW Night and Br. Herman will be presiding. There will be a guest speaker, we will be reading 3 new petitions and making the initial motion for the upcoming merger with Equity No. 591.

We have Extra Meetings scheduled for the 19th & 26th in Renaissance Hall. Each night we will be conferring 3 FC Degrees. Dinner and parking will be free. Please let me know if you can attend and assist.

Br. Cain and I signed up for the International Gathering this week (being held 9/30-10/2) in Bristol, R.I.. That puts our count to roughly 14 from Lodge No. 529. Hopefully, we will have more sign up as they have extended the deadline for registration. The registration is attached.

So far, we have had about 30 members pay dues for 2023. The portal is open if you would like to pay online. Instructions are attached.

Have a great week, Brethren!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary

St. Alban Lodge No. 529

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights