Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #32

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #32

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren-

For those of you who may not have heard, the Masonic Temple in Chestnut Hill (plural home to several of our Brethren ,including myself) and the location for several of our recent Extra Meetings, was severely damaged in a terrible fire this past Tuesday morning. The cause of the fire has not been determined by fire investigators, but the building suffered incredible damage forcing Mitchell Lodge No. 81 to look for a new home for the foreseeable future. Many Lodges and jurisdictions have offered aid and support in the way of meeting places, regalia, etc. St. Alban has offered whatever support it can to assist our Masonic Brothers as they navigate the challenging and difficult times ahead. One piece of solace is that the Brotherhood of our Fraternity really shined forth and it reaffirms your decision to be a part of this great organization. Mitchell No. 81 WILL meet in September as scheduled under a temporary Warrant and probably in Jenkintown. Their meeting is scheduled for September 8th and I think it would be an amazing show of support to attend and support them. They generally eat at 6:30 at the Lodge and they meet at 7:30p. Let me know if you’re interested in coming out. I will certainly be there!

Our schedule for September is set with Instruction Night at the Temple at 7p on Monday, 9/12 and our Stated meeting on 9/14 with dinner at Maggiano’s at 5:30p. Extra Meetings to confer Fellowcraft Degrees are scheduled for 9/19 & 9/26 at our Temple in Philly. I want to remind the Brethren that we will be going back to a copay for meals and parking starting at the September Stated ($15 dinner, $5 parking, $20 both). There will be no charge if you attend the Instruction Night and Extra Meetings and there will be no charge for anything for prospects or guests of the Lodge. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

I want to remind everyone that dues notices have been sent to your email for 2023. Dues must be paid by 12/31 and the amount is 125.00.. same as last year. You can forward payment to me or pay online which is a much easier option. Thank you to all the early birds who have already paid their 2023 dues. Dues notice reminders will be emailed to you the first week of every month if you have not yet paid dues.

The Lodge Notice is just about complete and should be emailed to you this week. As previously Stated, this meeting will be “Junior Warden’s Night” and Herman has lined up an interesting speaker from New York. We will also be proposing the Motion to move forward with the merger with Equity Lodge No. 591. This motion will hold over one month and the final vote will be taken in October. In addition to the 6 Entered Apprentice we just made, we will be reading 3 additional petitions in September.

Just a reminder, that we will be scheduling a social night as well sometime in September, TBD.

Please support Br. Doug Carlson’s blood drive which is being held on August 23rd from 9a – 7p at his Long & Foster Real Estate Office at 1109 West Baltimore Pk. in Media. In speaking with Doug, he shares he has plenty of afternoon availability. Please come out and support.

That’s all for this week, Brethren. Stay safe and have a great rest of the weekend.

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights