January 24, 2021 at 11:03 PM #8980Daniel GiacomelliKeymaster
We received an update this week about the status of resuming Masonic activity in February. While the RWGM has indicated that we can resume meeting, Philadelphia County still has restrictions in place and the Temples in Philadelphia County remain closed. Our DDGM indicated to me he was hopeful a decision would be made by the end of this month to reopen the Masonic Temple, but as of this morning, we have not received any updates. We have planned for a zoom meeting to occur on Wednesday, February 10th with a guest speaker invited in the event we need to meet virtually one more time. I am holding off on the Lodge Notice to see if we get a more definitive plan in the coming week.
As far as new members and prospects, we have 2 members who need to receive their 3rd Degree, 2 candidates who will be receiving their 1st Degree and 1 petition for ballot. In addition, we have 1 petition to read for the first time and I have been informed by at least 3 other members they are actively working on prospects. I hope we reopen soon because we have a tremendous amount of work to do and we have received guidance for conducting the 3rd Degree so we are ready to roll!
The first wave of dues cards went in the mail a couple of weeks ago, so if you paid your dues before the end of 2020 and have not received a dues card, please contact me. If you recently paid dues, I have your card going out in the mail first thing tomorrow morning. We only have about 50 members remaining who are not current on dues (this time last year we had about 120). We have been instructed that once we get back to work, we must vote to suspend those who are not current, so please make arrangements to either contact me or get your dues paid. I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO HAVE ZERO SUSPENSIONS THIS YEAR! Let’s make that happen. I am forwarding the list of those NPD to the Master and his committee for personal follow up this week. Reminder emails went out this past week.
Scholarship applications went out by email this past week and I’ve already had 2 responses. I must have the applications with all supporting documentation by May 15th. Again, contact me with any questions.
That’s all for this week, Brethren. As always, please stay safe. With any luck we will be meeting in-person on February 10th.. hopefully the powers that be can make that happen..
James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
St. Alban Lodge No. 529
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.