Sunday With The Secretary 2020 #14

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2020 #14

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren-

Hope you are all enjoying the start to this beautiful Sunday and welcome to October.

I have some good news to share with all of you about one of our Brothers. Our Chaplain, Br. William Repetto has had a busy time of it during the pandemic, but for all good reasons. We hadn’t heard from him in some time so we reached out and he and I had a nice conversation last Thursday. Turns out, Br. Repetto is not only ok.. he is actually doing quite well and he asked me to share with all of you. He was recently accepted by the University of Delaware into a Doctoral program for Literature. The University also offered him a teaching assignment and he also bought his first home in Newark, Delaware. Unfortunately, the over 1 hour commute to Philly, combined with his Doctoral studies and teaching, will make it difficult for him to attend most meetings, but he is planning on joining us for the December Stated and we look forward to seeing him and congratulating him in person. Way to go Brother Bill!!

Just as a reminder, our Stated Meeting for October will be on the 14th and again, there will be NO dinner served at the Masonic Temple. The meeting will start at 7:30pm and we are conferring the Entered Apprentice Degree (which I’m going to claw my way through one of them, lol) on Brian Hopkins and David Hearst. If you are an Officer and know you cannot attend, please contact the WM asap so arrangements can be made to fill your station. As a reminder, you must be screened prior to entering the body of the Temple and you will be asked to once again sign a disclaimer form which is pretty typical practice these days. Face Masks are a must!

Our plan is to have an Instruction Meeting on Monday, October 12th to refresh ourselves with the Covid-related changes to the Degree work. The rehearsal will begin at 7pm and no meal will be served, although I’m sure we will make some arrangement to meet prior at a local spot.. more details to follow.

The DDGM has already forwarded important dates for 2021 to our WM who will be continuing on with the other Officers for 2021.

Brethren, hope you all have a great week and stay safe! Hope to see you all in the coming weeks..

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights