Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #4

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #4

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Brethren:

We’ve had a busy weekend at St. Alban Lodge. Friday evening we attended the public presentation of our new District Deputy Grand Master, Samuel Freeman which was conducted by our RWGM, S. Eugene Herritt. We had the opportunity to see our RWGM again the following morning as we attended the 28th Annual LuLu Shriners Masonic Breakfast. We had strong showings at both events. There are pics to see on our St. Alban Facebook Page.

Not much going on this week. The Lodge Notice is finished and will be emailed out to you early this week. As you can see in the recent mailings, we are hosting a Lodge Bus Trip to Washington, D.C. and Mt. Vernon on Saturday, April 27th. The cost per attendee will be $65 as the Lodge will be subsidizing part of the trip. This is a great opportunity to have your families join in on what I’m sure will be a fun day with the Brethren.

It’s not too early to start talking about our annual Palm Sunday Service at the Masonic Village in Lafayette Hill. Palm Sunday is April 14th this year. Those in attendance are invited to join us for brunch at the Masonic Village at 1pm and the service will be after. Please advise if you plan on attending so we can give an accurate count.

Our February Meeting schedule is as follows-

2/11- Instruction Night- 7pm
      2/13- Stated Meeting
      2/18- Extra Meeting

Please remember that we have changed the meal venue for both the Instruction and Extra Meeting to the 1929 restaurant on the 1st floor of the Marriott Courtyard on Filbert St with dinner at 5:45 both evenings. The meal for the Stated Meeting will be as usual in the lower banquet room at 6p.

Since we are offering free dinner and parking at the Stated Meeting to anyone celebrating their Masonic Birthday that month, I have been asked what is the Masonic Birthday.It is the month that you received your Entered Apprentice Degree. Each month’s Masonic Birthdays are listed in the Lodge Notice, but if you’re simply not sure, just ask me as I have all of your Masonic records available to me.

Last week I attached the Scholarship Application for 2019 to the mailing. Just a reminder that I will need all completed applications back by April 30th.

Attached to this weeks message are the minutes of our last International Gathering held this past September in Canada for your perusal.

Have a great week Brethren and stay warm!!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights