St. Alban Lodge Sunday Updates {3-17-2024}

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! St. Alban Lodge Sunday Updates {3-17-2024}

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Brethren,

Hello and welcome to this Sunday’s update.

Last Wednesday we had an excellent Stated-Meeting with solid attendance. We started with a fairly decent meal in the lower banquet room. For dessert, Brother Kyle S., P.M. ordered an enormous cake to mark our 150th anniversary. Attached is a picture. The cake was exceptional and many lucky brothers were able to bring home a doggie bag back to their loved ones. Our Worshipful Master conducted a great meeting with our DDGM-Sam Freeman in attendance. Brother Sam Freeman-DDGM presented Brother Nikolaos Tsirakoglou, M.D. with the 50-year pin. Brother Edward Cole, P.M. gave his yearly Trustees reports. The summary was comprehensive and our financial position remains on a solid footing. After we closed the Lodge, Brother Lawrence Hicks gave a presentation on Astronomy. I think I can speak for the brothers in attendance that the presentation was very informative and well done.

This Wednesday night we are having an Extra Meeting to confer two degrees. We will meet at Maggiano’s before the meeting for the meal. Remember that there is no co-pay for this meal and the Lodge also pays for your parking at the garage. As of today I only have these brothers that have replied to the meal:

1. Herman Wilson
      2. Kyle Schwirian, P.M.
      3. Joe Bullock
      4. Perry Ecksel, P.M.
      5. Ivan Skakun
      6. Andrew Schure

Please let me know if you are attending so I can update the reservation to make sure we can accommodate everyone.

Here are a couple of reminders of important dates and deadlines:

At April’s Stated Meeting, we will be suspending any Brothers who haven’t paid their dues.
      April 21st is the Baby Shower in E-Town. This event starts at 9:30 am. Please let me know if you want to attend.
      On May 8th we are having a group of Brothers visit us from Lithuania.
      May 15th is the deadline for the scholarship application.
      August 9th is the deadline for placing an ad for the Gathering Ad Book.
      August 13th is the deadline to get a reduced rate at the hotel for the Gathering.
      September 13th-15th are the dates for the International Gathering of Lodges Named for St. Alban.

I would like to end this week’s message with a quote I see on my daily drive. It is part of a mural which is painted on the side of a building in North Philadelphia. It reads:

“There is no bad way to do good and there is no good way to do bad”

I hope everyone enjoys the balance of their weekend.

Sincerely,

Andrew B. Schure
      Secretary of St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights