Sunday With The Secretary – Summer Edition #2

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary – Summer Edition #2

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning, Brethren and hope you are all having a pleasant Summer!

I wanted to give you an update on a few things happening in the near future and moving into the Fall.

This Wednesday, August 11th, we will be having our annual Planning Committee Meeting/ Dinner at Lehman’s Tavern in Essington. Our presumptive WM-elect will be presenting his proposed 2022 term plan, budget and Officer line to the committee for review and comment. Both Joe Cain and I are very encouraged by what we are seeing in the way of interest from members to take appointed chairs next year and a wonderful enthusiasm to keep our Lodge moving forward.

The Summer Schools have concluded and I am so proud of St. Alban for the overwhelming participation at School events for our District and for the way members are becoming more committed to learning our Ritualistic work the proper way. I’m sure you will notice the difference when Lodge resumes in September. Speaking of September (yes, it’s right around the corner), our first Lodge meeting will be Wednesday, September 8th in Renaissance Hall. Edgemont Caterers has returned to the Temple so we will be having our dinner there starting at 6p. Typically we have a rehearsal meeting on the Monday of our Stated, but as this is Labor Day, I assume this will be postponed.

The September Stated Meeting has been designated “Junior Warden’s Night” so Br. Kyle will be in the East. I already have 3 new petitions to read (I’m told there may be more coming), plus a petition to read for the 2nd time for ballot. In addition we still have 2 EA Masons who need to complete their journey, so let’s just say that September through the beginning of 2022 will be busy for Degree work which is another reason for heightened enthusiasm.

A few of you have already asked about paying 2022 dues. This Summer, the Grand Lodge moved from our current Sales Force System to a new operational program called Grand View. We are being told there will be a new online dues payment system coming by September, so just hang tight and as I receive more word, I will communicate accordingly. Both your Treasurer and I have taken the training for Grand View over the Summer and it looks like a more user friendly system that you will all have access to in order to update your demographics, pay dues, etc. It is much more widely used by Grand Lodges across the Country including the Grand Lodges of Delaware and New Jersey.

The WM and I are planning a Night of Bowling and Fellowship at North Bowl in Northern Liberties on Wednesday, August 25th from 6:30-9:30p. If interested in attending, please respond and let me know so I can get somewhat of a head count. This is also open to friends, prospects, etc.

Please stay safe and we will see you all soon..

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights