Sunday With The Secretary 2021 #15

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2021 #15

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren-

Lots to discuss today.. I will begin with an update on 2 of our Brethren currently hospitalized. Dante Distefano remains in serious condition with no real change reported in the last week. When I get an update I will inform the Brethren. This week I was also informed about Gerald Francis who is currently at Bryn Mawr Hospital also in serious condition. Please keep both Brethren and their families in your thoughts and devotions.

There have been some changes in light of the recent CDC announcement regarding wearing of masks. We received word yesterday that effective immediately, fully vaccinated Brethren no longer are required to wear masks in the Temple and we no longer are required to sign any type of COVID disclaimer document. If you are not vaccinated, you are still asked to wear a mask in the Temple. We also received word that the Temple caterer will not be returning until September so we will continue to make other arrangements for June.

We had a wonderful stated meeting this past week as 2 instructors from our District C school provided a back to basics session on several aspects of the ritual. based on the number of questions asked, I would say the Brethren were very interested in what they learned. By unanimous resolution of the Lodge, our scholarship program was renamed the Joseph A. Fletcher, P.M. Memorial Scholarship and the first awards under this new name will be presented on June 9th at our next stated meeting.

Tomorrow night (Monday) is our Extra Meeting and we will be conferring the Fellowcraft Degree on Brs. Ronald Crockett and Christopher Spagnoletti. I hope you can come out and support our new Brethren especially in light of the relaxed COVID restrictions now at the Temple. We will have dinner at Maggianos at 5:30p

June will be our last month prior to our summer recess. The tentative plan at this point is we will hold our Stated Meeting on June 9th. Prior to the meeting, we will host our scholarship recipients and their families for dinner at Maggianos, return to the Temple and present the awards prior to opening our Stated Meeting which will have an abbreviated agenda. The following Saturday on June 12th (Saturday), we will hold a Degree Day at Prospect Park. We will be conferring 2 Master Mason, 1 Fellowcraft and 1 Entered Apprentice Degree that day. This Saturday meeting should be nowhere near as long as the last one, so you can still have late afternoon and evening plans.

Several Brethren have inquired about name badges. I have reached out to the person who does them for us, but I have not heard back from her so I have secured an alternative source. If you need a name badge, kindly respond to this email so I can get a list together.

Have a great rest of your weekend!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights