Sunday With The Secretary 2021 #14

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2021 #14

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Brethren-

Overwhelmed would be a good word to describe my emotions this past Monday at the funeral service for Br. Joe Fletcher. Overwhelmed for many reasons, but certainly for the outpouring he received from the Masonic Fraternity. I have been a member for 36 years and I can’t recall ever seeing so many Masons gather to celebrate one of their own. It seemed the service itself was as long as the time it took to finally get everyone in and out of the room. Let’s just say I was proud to be a Mason and on behalf of Joe’s family, Thank You for being there to celebrate our Brother’s life.

I ask you to keep Br. Dante Distefano in your prayers as he continues in critical condition and fighting hard at Temple Hospital. I’m afraid the news we are receiving is not encouraging, but please continue to offer him and his family up in your devotions as we ask our Grand Architect to watch over and strengthen him during this difficult time.

We also received word this week that Br. Peter Scharf lost his grandfather so we ask you to remember Peter and his family as they grieve this loss.

We have a busy week ahead of us. Tomorrow (Monday) is our instruction night and we will gather for dinner at Maggiano’s at 5:30p. We do have an agenda planned for instruction. If you are advancing in your Degrees, it will be helpful for you to be there as well. Wednesday is our Stated Meeting. We will be visited by the District C School who will make a ritualistic presentation and we will also be visited by our DDGM, Br. Sam Freeman. Our hope is to open on the Entered Apprentice Degree for the evening so if our 3 EA Members wish to join us, that would be fine so you can see how a meeting operates.

Next Monday will be our Extra Meeting whereby we will confer the Fellowcraft Degree on our 3 EA’s. All nights we will have dinner at Maggiano’s. Keep in mind that dinner will be free both Mondays, but for the Stated there will be a $16 copay.

Now that Lodge is opening back up again, I’d love to hear your constructive opinions on what you think the Lodge should be doing to boost attendance? Please feel free to reply with any suggestions..

Have a great week Brethren and I will hopefully see most of you in the coming days..

Frats – Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights