Sunday With The Secretary 2021 #11

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2021 #11

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren-

I was saddened this week to learn of the passing of my good friend and Brother, Walter E. Mehl, Jr., P.D.D.G.M.. I had known Bro. Walt for nearly 35 years and always found him to be a man of integrity who served his Fraternity well. There will be a service today at St. Marks United Methodist Church in Broomall with a visitation beginning at 1pm and a Masonic Service at 2:45p. Br. Walt touched many lives and has been taken from us far too soon. S.M.I.B.

We were pleased to return to our home Temple this week on Broad Street for our Stated Meeting. Due to the candlelight concert series in our own Renaissance Hall, the Lodge was moved to Gothic Hall and for many, it was the first time they had ever seen the room used for a Blue Lodge Meeting. There were certain challenges, but overall it was a good and productive meeting with an interesting presentation on former meeting locations of the GL of PA within the Philadelphia city limits, an uplifting report on our finances by the Trustees and the presentation of yet another new petition.. keep em coming!

Tomorrow night, April 19th, will be our Extra Meeting for April and we will be conferring the Fellowcraft and Entered Apprentice Degrees. Unfortunately, one of our Fellowcraft candidates is under the weather, so we will only be conferring one Degree each… so should not be a particularly late evening.

Please don’t forget scholarship applications. They are coming in very slow this year and I’m hoping the delay is due to the virtual learning situation many of our students are facing. The deadline has been set for May 15th. The application is attached for your convenience.

Have a great day Brethren! If you are planning to attend the Extra Meeting and would like to have dinner, we will once again be going to Maggianos between 5 & 5:30. Hope to see many of you out tomorrow.

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights