Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #5

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #5

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Brethren:

Unfortunately, I need to begin this week by addressing the issue of unpaid dues. It is almost mid-February and while I am pleased that 269 of the Brethren have fulfilled their dues obligation for 2019, we still have 119 who either need to pay dues or risk possible suspension from the Fraternity. Dues were due on December 31, 2018.

So I’m not accused of only communicating with members with regards to dues, this is literally the first Sunday message in several weeks that even mentions the topic. In previous communications, I have repeatedly reached out and indicated that if any Brother was in a difficult situation, that the Lodge would work with you. To date, a few members have reached out to let us know their current issues and we have been happy to offer assistance. I dare say that most of the Brethren on the list have simply ignored any attempts to collect dues in a timely fashion. I do want to thank those Brethren who have recently reached out to me to let me know payment is forthcoming. I hope you all know it is extremely frustrating and unpleasant for me to even have to bring up the topic, but paying annual dues was an obligation we all swore to uphold and frankly when you compare us to other service and/or Fraternal organizations, our dues is quite minimal.

On to a more pleasant topic.. this week we have our Instruction Night on Monday and our Stated Meeting on Wednesday. I’m happy to say that we have had a few Brethren take advantage of the free dinner and parking offer if you come to your Masonic Birthday meeting.. again the month you received your EA Degree. Next Monday, President’s Day, is our Extra Meeting and we will be conferring 3 MM Degrees that evening.

We have already had a few sign up for the trip to Washington and Mt. Vernon on Saturday, April 27th. Again, the total cost per person is $65.00 as the Lodge is subsidizing part of the cost. Please get your reservation to me ASAP!! This trip is open to you and your family/ friends.

April 14th is our annual Palm Sunday Service at the Masonic Village in Lafayette Hill. Brunch will be at 1pm followed by the Service. Again, please advise if you plan on attending.

A note for the Officers, Saturday, April 13th is the Sectional School of Instruction at the Masonic Temple. The event starts with registration from 7:15a-8. The event will conclude by lunch so no meal will be served.

That’s all for now. Have a great week and see you at Lodge.

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights