Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #18

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #18

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren:

Let’s see if I can write this without inadvertently using foul language :). Appreciate everyone’s good humor about last week’s mishap. I can always COUNT on my Brethren!

I’m in the midst of reviewing scholarship applications today and making recommendations to the committee regarding the scholarship awards. We were really overwhelmed with quality applications this year so making the final selections will not be an easy task. I would look for letters to go out this week. Each recipient will be invited to our June Stated Meeting and dinner to receive their award. Obviously, the recipients will dine for free as will one non-Masonic guest. We will also cover parking for the recipient.

If you are attending the dinner on June 12th, it is imperative that you make your reservation to Joe Fletcher by the end of this month. The Grand Lodge requires us to have a minimum of 50 persons in order to use the Grand Ballroom. Joe’s email address is [email protected]. As a reminder, we will have a very BRIEF business meeting to wrap things up before Summer recess. The guests will be moved into Oriental Hall for some wonderful entertainment. The night will conclude with the presentation of scholarships.

We are currently working on 5 new petitions and the decision has been made to hold Extra Meetings over the Summer to confer Degrees only. The dates of the Extra Meetings will be Wednesday, July 10th and Wednesday, August 14th. We will serve dinner for both Meetings. We will also have an Extra Meeting on Monday, June 17th. We are scheduled to have 3 Entered Apprentice Degrees that night.

Hard to believe that we are only a few months away from the next International Gathering in Northumberland, England. I am also very pleased to tell you that St Alban No. 529 in Philadelphia will be sending to date the largest US contingent. Many have taken advantage of the Gathering to have some vacation time in Europe. It should be a great time for all. One of the many highlights of our time there will be to have the opportunity to stay in St. Albans, England just outside of London in Hertfordshire (formerly Verulamium) and be a part of a check presentation as we donate funds to assist in the preservation of the Cathedral and Abbey of St. Alban.

That’s all for now.. no rest for me as it’s time to hit the gym!! Have a great week, Brethren and look forward to seeing you all soon!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights