Sunday with the Secretary 2018 #3

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday with the Secretary 2018 #3

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Brethren:

Once again we had the pleasure of enjoying refreshment and Fellowship with many of our Masonic Brethren at the annual Masonic Breakfast at LuLu Shrine. I can honestly say, and I believe I can speak for our fellow St. Alban Brothers who attended, that the LuLu Stewards definitely “stepped up” the menu and served a wonderful breakfast.

In addition to the great meal and informative talk on the Shriner’s Hospitals, we also got to hear from our new R.W.G.M., S. Eugene Herritt. The Grand Master spent some time discussing a new project recognizing Brethren who have achieved the rank of Eagle Scout and it just so happens that our D.D.G.M., Dan, has asked me to be the point person for this for our District…so.. how many Eagle Scouts do we have within the St. Alban ranks? If you are an Eagle Scout, please respond and advise so I can get a list together for future reference.

Our February Lodge Notice was sent out last evening and I hope you all noticed the interesting title of our Program for the month. Hope you join us and bring that special person in your life. I’m sure I’ll be sharing more details about this in the days to come. One additional topic for the evening will be the report of the Trustees regarding the performance of our various funds, which I understand has been quite good.

I hope you also noticed in the Lodge Notice that we have 3 new petitions and will also be processing a 4th from a previous month, so like I said last week, we are going to get busy with Degree work very quickly. Your support at Extra Meetings will be most appreciated.

Several of you have asked for information regarding our St. Alban Scholarship so I have taken the liberty of attaching the application to this email. I also have a guide book to other scholarships available through various Pennsylvania Masonic bodies which, I believe, has been updated and can be viewed online at https://pmyf.org/scholarships/.

Keep those dues payments coming! We are down to 87. As previously stated, we have online options for payment and also options available if you are experiencing difficulties paying your dues. Please let me know how we can help you! Don’t let anything happen to your membership with so many options available!

I bet you thought I wasn’t going to say anything about our beloved Eagles making it to the Super Bowl. As a die hard (and frustrated) Philadelphia Sports fan, I would love to see the Lombardi Trophy finally find its way to our fine City. E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!

Have a great week brethren and make a difference in the lives of others…

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights