Sunday With The Secretary 2018 (#25)

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2018 (#25)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Greetings Brethren:

Hope this fine crisp Fall day finds you well and in good spirits. I feel bad for those of you who couldn’t attend Wednesday’s stated meeting. We probably feasted on one of the best meals I have ever had at the Temple (and no it wasn’t just the beer.. lol). I told Joe Fletcher anytime he wants to have Beer Chicken stew on the menu to please be my guest. We were also treated to a very interesting presentation by Br. Bill Repetto on “Masonry and Film” which was well received by the Lodge. You know what, we also had 14 Brethren attend our rehearsal meeting and several of our newer members are beginning to demonstrate their proficiency with the work. You can see the results with the precision ritual we are now doing at the Stated Meetings.

I’m not talking about dues any more, but I did want to mention that if you create your Grand Lodge account, not only can you pay dues, you can also update your demographics as they change. Many members have taken advantage of this already as I get notified when changes are made. Makes my job that much easier lol! We are really trying to embrace new technology and this system has been a huge plus in my book!

What can I say.. it’s a very exciting time at St. Alban.. we are simply moving onward and upward and I hope more of you join us for the ride. 2019 is going to be a cool year. Let me give you one of the highlights.. March 2019 we celebrate our 145th Anniversary. Do you know we have over 20 Brethren celebrating significant birthdays (25, 50, 60, 70 & 75 years) in 2019. Our plan is to honor as many of them as we can with our new D.D.G.M. Sam Freeman who has already accepted the invitation. So definitely get March 13, 2019 on your calendar to help us celebrate these milestones with our Brethren. We have more highlights of the upcoming year in the near future so you get a sampling of the great year we have ahead of us!!

Remember that tomorrow night (10/15) is an Extra Meeting with dinner at 6. Right now we have an EA and 2 FC confirmed and we can use as much help and support as possible. Remember, if you come to an Extra, dinner and parking is on us.

Speaking of dinner, how does Free Dinner and Parking on your Birthday month sound?!?! Well, we discussed it and starting in 2019 we would like to offer to any Brother who comes out on his Birthday month free dinner and parking for that night, but you must come out on your Masonic Birthday month. We print the birthdays in each Lodge Notice, but drop me a line if you’re not sure and just want to get the right month on your calendar so you’re sure to attend.

We have a few tickets remaining for the Holiday Party at the Candlelight Theater in Delaware on December 9th. The flyer was in your last Lodge Notice. Tickets are going fast!!

This coming Friday, 10/19, is our Blood Drive from 2-7pm at the S. Media Fire Company, 535 Washington Ave., Media. The other day they were looking for 25 more donors to sign up. You can sign up on redcrossblood.org.

Finally, this is the last month to purchase raffle tickets for the 50″ LED TV. See any officer for tickets.

That’s all for this week Brethren. Have a great day and a week ahead and hope to see or hear from you soon!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights