Sunday With The Secretary 2018 #14

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2018 #14

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Brethren:

My sincere apologies at the onset for the length of this message, but we have much to impart to you..

I would be remiss if I didn’t begin by commenting on what happened last Monday. We had an Extra Meeting scheduled and we were also notified of the passing of Br. Michael Conway and his Visitation was also on Monday. Many Lodges struggle with getting enough together to handle each of these types of events on their own, however we mustered enough Brethren to not only field a full Degree team, but we also had an outstanding showing for our departed Brother and his family. We are a very diverse Lodge in many ways, but when it comes down to it, we are all Brothers and we really pull together when the time calls for it. Needless to say I am always proud to be a part of this Masonic family, but the pride meter inched up a notch after this. Thanks to everyone for a job well done!

The May schedule is as follows..

May 7th- Instruction Night at 7pm
      May 9th- Stated Meeting featuring Br. Louis Kahn as our speaker for the night.
      May 14th- Extra Meeting (3 MM & 1 FC Degree)
      May 30th- Blood Drive (Flyer attached)

The Grand Lodge is working with the Scottish Rite on a voluntary member survey program. The survey may be sent to your email address. You are encouraged to complete if you wish, but wanted you to know it is not a scam. The Title of the email will read- “Blue Lodge Satisfaction Survey/ Tell us What You Think”.

The Lodge is starting a raffle! Tickets will be available beginning at our May Stated Meeting from any Officer. We will be raffling a 50″ 4K LED TV and if you know what all of that is, then you probably want one lol! Tickets will be $5 or 6 tickets for $20. The drawing will take place at our Stated Meeting on 11/14/18. We only have 300 to sell and we are already getting many orders.

It’s crunch time for Scholarship applications. they will be due at our May Stated Meeting. I have received several so far, but there is always room for more. If you need an application, please advise asap.

Hard to believe we are already planning for our annual Extra Meeting at Ft. Mifflin. We have secured 1 petition already that we will be able to initiate as long as everything clears. If you have petitions out there, we would need them turned in by the May meeting in order to fulfill all of the requirements for September initiation since we are off July & August. More details to come..

Please keep the International Gathering in mind as deadlines will be here before you know it. Reservations for the bus to Canada are coming in. If you need additional info, please let me know.

It is my sad duty to inform you that we recently lost another Brother who went home with the Grand Architect of the Universe. Br. John Kuhn passed on April 12th and was initiated into Hamilton Lodge on January 9, 1954. His family did not request a Masonic Service.

I believe that’s all for this week. Your Lodge notice should be in your inbox or your mail box this coming week and please make your dinner reservations right away if you plan on attending the Stated meeting as we already have guests reserving to see Br. Louis Kahn’s presentation.

Have a great week Brethren!!

Jim

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights