Sunday with the Secretary April 2020 COVID-19 update

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday with the Secretary April 2020 COVID-19 update

Tagged: 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Brethren-

I hope this finds you well and you are doing everything you can to stay safe and healthy. Remember, if you are compromised and need assistance obtaining anything, please do not hesitate to reach out and we will take care of your request!

I am sad, but not surprised to report that our Grand Master has extended the suspension of all Masonic activity in the Commonwealth until at least June 1st. As you can see by the attached letter, our Deputy is hoping at this point we will return to Labor by September. While I’m not happy about this decision, I know it is one that is very well thought out and prudent.

This doesn’t mean that some of our activity will not continue. We are still accepting scholarship applications. To date, I have received 3 and the due date is April 30th, however if there are special circumstances related to the Covid crisis, please advise accordingly.

The Deputy has also indicated we can hold zoom conferences in order to at least stay connected. Since our April rehearsal would have been this coming Monday, I would propose we hold a zoom meeting at 7:00pm. If you are interested in seeing your Brethren and enjoying some fellowship (cocktails and snacks permitted), simply respond and confirm the best email address to send the invite. The optimal situation would be if you have a computer with a camera, however you can also join by phone. I have done a few of these and it certainly breaks up the quarantine monotony!

Brethren- hope to see you all soon either in person or via technology.. have a great (and safe) weekend! Stay at HOME!!

Frats- Jim

2020-Coronavirus-COVID-19-April.pdf

———- Forwarded message ———
      Date: Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 11:41 PM
      Subject: Fwd: Corona virus Covid 19 April update

Brothers,

Hope you are all safe and well.

Received the attached update from our RWGM. Our period of shut down has been extended till
      June 1st.
      I know it’s not coming as a surprise to any of us, right now I’m hoping to get back by Sept.

Please keep checking in on your members, for any assistance they may need. Most of you are having Zoom
      meetings, please continue having them.

You may forward the Grand Masters update to your members or briefly outline it with a call-em-all.

If there’s anything I can do, please don’t hesitate to call.

Stay Safe, Stay Home

Sincerely and Fraternally

Samuel Freeman
      District Deputy Grand Master
      Masonic District “C”
      267-902-0961

2020-Coronavirus-COVID-19-April.pdf

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights