Sunday With the Secretary 2023 #6

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With the Secretary 2023 #6

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Afternoon Brethren-

I was doing a bit of traveling last weekend so missed writing my weekly letter, but hope this finds you well.

We’ve been pretty busy this past week with 2 Extra Meetings. This past Wednesday we made 2 new Masons when Wenz Feng and James Mualem received their first or Entered Apprentice Masons Degree and just yesterday, Brs. Neil Larocque, Alimmany Kromah and Daniel Fatell received their second or Fellowcraft Degree. Several petitioners were approved as candidates at our last Stated Meeting so we will be scheduling multiple EA Degrees in March.

We have a very important date ahead of us. March 8th is our Stated Meeting at which time we will be hosting our DDGM and the Officers of District C. In addition, we will be hosting a large contingent of Prince Hall Masons including their RWJGW. It is our intention to present significant Anniversary pins to those Brethren achieving 50, 60, 70 & 75 year status in the Fraternity. There will also be other special presentations by order of the WM. This night is also designated as our 149th Anniversary Meeting. It would not be out of the realm of possibility to have a Masonic attendance exceeding 100 at this meeting. It is for this reason, we will be dining at the Masonic Temple in the Lower Banquet Room as the numbers are just too great for Maggiano’s.It is extremely important, given this unusually high number in attendance, that you reply and advise if you plan on attending the dinner and meeting. There will be a $15 copay for dinner for all 529 members and a $5 copay for a parking sticker. The DEADLINE to make a reservation will be March 1st. IF YOU DO NOT CONTACT ME BY MARCH 1ST TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT, YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO PARTAKE IN THE MEAL. That’s the deadline the Temple caterer has given us to provide them a number.

During this week, the WM and his Officers will provide me the schedule for March Extra Meetings which I will put out next week with the monthly notice.

I will be sending out any outstanding dues cards on Tuesday for any members who have recently paid. If you have not satisfied your obligation, and happy to say the number is steadily coming down, your time is getting close before we will have no choice but to suspend your membership. 18 members were suspended at our February Meeting who had 2+ years of NPD.

Just a couple quick reminders. If you are not receiving the robo call from our WM each month, this means you do not have a working phone number in the system so please contact me. If you are on Facebook, please ask to join our Lodge FB page and finally, I’m happy to say more and more of you are creating accounts on Grandview as we have exceeded 50% of the membership. Let me know if you need assistance.

I’m very happy to see so many of our new Brethren pursuing the Master Builders Award. It is a very effective way to get new members involved. If you are new and don’t have any information on this, again, please reach out and ask.

I believe that’s it for this week. Again, please make your reservation for 3/8 if you plan to attend!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      Mitchell Lodge No. 81
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529
      Hiram No. 81 Hall Association- Director
      Deputy Executive Officer, Region H- PA DeMolay

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights