Sunday With the Secretary 2023 #18

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With the Secretary 2023 #18

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Morning Brethren-

Several important topics today…

First, we did not get the response for the Bowling event we had hoped for, so we will be moving that to later on in the summer and will give you a date in the near future so you can “save the date” well ahead of time. In the meantime, plans are in the works for a Lodge dinner at The Victor Cafe which is a very unique Italian restaurant in S. Philly. Perry is making these arrangements and we are targeting July 30th at 5pm. Let me know if you are interested as we will be limited to 25 seats.

I sent out a robo call yesterday regarding the June stated meeting. I have 43 reservations secured and keep in mind we need to accommodate all of the scholarship recipients and their guests. I have told the caterer our rough estimate is 90 for dinner, but we can go higher if necessary. Again the absolute deadline is May 24th to make a reservation. Br. Lorenzo will be providing our entertainment along with his accompanist, Jun Hyun Park. Please contact me today if you are planning to attend the dinner and concert!

We are finalizing the processing of scholarship applications. We had a tremendous response this year and we will be announcing winners by tomorrow. Each recipient will be invited to the scholarship dinner on 6/7 along with a maximum of 2 guests. The doors to the Grand Banquet Hall will open at 5:30p. Following the dinner and concert, we will retire to Norman Hall for the presentation of scholarships. Afterwards we will hold a brief business meeting to wrap things up before summer break.

I have been getting several requests for “travel papers” so members can visit lodges while traveling overseas. Generally, your dues card should be enough, however if you want something official from the Grand Lodge, go to their regular website (not Grandview), pagrandlodge.org. Then in the top right corner you will see a drop down for Current Members. Hit the drop down and go to Member Services. At the bottom of that page, you will see the application for a Travel Request. Fill it out on line and click submit and the GL will send you a travel document within 3-4 weeks.

Just an fyi on my schedule. I will be traveling out of the Country from May 30 – June 6 and will not have access to calls or emails. If you have any pressing issues that cannot await my return, please contact our Asst. Secretary, Br. Andrew Schure or our W.M. Kyle. I am giving Andrew temporary access to Grandview records so he can look anything up in my absence.

That’s all for this week. Have a great rest of your weekend and GET THOSE RESERVATIONS IN!!

Grats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      Mitchell Lodge No. 81
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529
      Hiram No. 81 Hall Association- Director
      Deputy Executive Officer, Region H- PA DeMolay

Travel requests direct link: https://pagrandlodge.org/member-services/

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights