Sunday With the Secretary 2023 #17

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With the Secretary 2023 #17

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning- very important message this week so please read in full!

We had an awesome stated meeting this past Wednesday and I believe most of the Brethren enjoyed the change in venue to Egyptian Hall. Our plan is to meet in Norman Hall for June.

Speaking of June, and very important. WE ARE MOVING THE DATE OF OUR JUNE STATED MEETING UP ONE WEEK TO WEDNESDAY, JUNE 7TH. The change is being made so we can have access to the Grand Banquet Room for our annual scholarship dinner. The dinner will be catered by the One North Broad Caterers, Catering by Design, and they have promised us a delicious menu for the event. Our own Br. Lorenzo Mazzamuto will once again be providing us another amazing performance. I have set up the event for 90 people, but I must provide a final head count to the caterer no later than May 24th. I absolutely must know prior if you will be attending the dinner and concert. This caterer is not inexpensive and we will pay for whatever count we give them. I know some of you wait until the last minute. If I don’t hear by May 24th, I will not accept your reservation. The copay for dinner will remain at $15 (plus $5 for parking tickets) for 529 members only.

I’m putting together all of the scholarship applications this weekend. The deadline is Monday the 15th. It looks like we have at least 15 applications which is the highest number I’ve seen since working on this committee for the last 7 years. I will be announcing recipients next week and given the potential size of the event, each recipient will be permitted 2 guests to join them at dinner. As always the applications are very impressive and what’s nice is that more Lodge members are applying as they further their education. Goes to show how our membership is getting younger!!

We are actively planning a weekend social event in the near future. The WM has appointed a committee to work out the arrangements, but the plan is to open the event to 529 members and families. This will probably occur late this month or very early June.

If you are interested in attending the District C Night Out at the Movies (Sat. August 19th @ 8:15p) at the Penn Cinema rear lot in Huntingdon Valley, please let me know as there is only room for 60 cars.

That’s all for this week and Happy Mother’s Day to all.

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      Mitchell Lodge No. 81
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529
      Hiram No. 81 Hall Association- Director
      Deputy Executive Officer, Region H- PA DeMolay

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights