Sunday With the Secretary 2023 #14

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With the Secretary 2023 #14

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren-

Well, last night was quite a treat. A few of the Brothers and I had the wonderful experience of seeing our Brother, Dante Fratelli, in his production of “Escape to Margaritaville” and what a fun-filled show it is. Our Bro. has got some amazing talent so go check him out if you can. The show is playing through April 30th at the Walnut Street Theater and is well worth it!

Earlier in the day yesterday I attended the Scottish Rite, Valley of Philadelphia Reunion and got to participate in the 32nd Degree Allegory and it was a lot of fun. I’ve been a member of Scottish Rite for several decades, but due to time limitations, never got too involved. It was a great experience so if you are a member, I encourage you to come out and if you’re not a member and would like to experience what Scottish Rite has to offer, please see me. The next Reunion (Initiation) will be in the Fall of ’23.

As you know, we have been holding a minimum of 2 Extra Meetings every month (sometimes 3) for nearly the past 2 years. While it has increased our numbers and filled our chairs with amazing talent, it has taken a toll on our Officers Corps. The other 6 Lodges in our District have conferred a TOTAL of 90 Degrees in the last 12 mos. We have conferred 60 as one Lodge and are currently working through 18 candidates. As all petitioners have now received their EA Degree, allowing them to become engaged in Lodge activities, the WM has made the decision that we are going to take a 3 month break from holding Extra Meetings and conferring Degree work to give the Officers of the Lodge an opportunity to recharge. So what does this mean.. there will be NO Extra Meetings in May, June or July. Our last Extra Meeting will be this Wednesday, 4/26 at 7:30p, dinner at 5:30p at Maggiano’s. As this will be the last Extra for a while, I hope you can attend and support the 4 EA’s who will receive their FC Degree. Br. Herman is putting together the Trestle Boards, so please respond and let him know if you will be attending. Please let me know if you will be attending dinner. We are considering an Extra Meeting in August to advance several candidates before we come back from summer recess.

So, what is the plan with our new found free time?? Well, first and foremost we want to spend time with our new Masons and have them properly mentored. We feel lie we have been so overwhelmed with the number of candidates, we haven’t spent quality time with them teaching them about the Fraternity and appropriately preparing them for their next steps. I am planning to offer new Mason nights at my home as the weather gets nicer whereby we can have informal sit downs with our newer members. We did this last Summer and it proved pretty successful.

We are also planning to have some fun. Fun for not only you, but also for your significant other. We have been working so hard, “Jack has become a …” you know the rest! This is going to change. The WM has put a committee together to plan fun events over the next few months.

Does all this mean you can’t turn in new petitions? Of course, not. Just please let your prospective candidates know it will take a little longer than normal to have them processed.

On another topic, I have sent out scholarship applications several times. I have only received a few completed apps back. The deadline is approaching so please get them back to me ASAP.

That’s all for this week, Brethren. Have a great week and stay safe!

Frats- Jim

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights