Sunday With the Secretary 2023 #10

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With the Secretary 2023 #10

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Brethren-

Yesterday, we participated in the One Day Class in Philadelphia for Districts B & C and from that, we have 3 new Master Masons and would like to welcome them to our Lodge, Andrew Arzberger, Peter Alston and Michael Alharir. The good news is all 18 of our candidates have now received at least 1 Degree so we can begin to accept new petitions at our April Stated Meeting.

Speaking of our stated in April, the date is 4/12 and we will be dining at Maggiano’s at 5:30. I have tentatively reserved for 60 guests. Please let me know asap if you plan on attending dinner. We waved the copay last month due to the nature of the event, however we must go back to the $15 copay for dinner and the $5 copay for parking. The WM will have 2 stewards prepared to collect money at dinner. We will continue to offer free meals and parking for Extra Meetings. Michael Comfort, P.M. will be presenting his updated lecture on Taverns to Temples, a very interesting historical presentation on the history of the Grand Lodge of PA.

The Temple is in the process of onboarding a new caterer. It is down to 2 finalists and they will be having a tasting event this Thursday so the Lodges can partake of samples from their respective menus. Your WM and I will be attending and will report any updates on caterers.

The April Lodge Notice will most likely hit your email tomorrow which will include all the dates for Extra Meetings in April. We plan to complete initiations for most of the current FC.

I am attaching the scholarship application to this email. To date, I have received 2 completed applications. The deadline to submit is mid-May.

Dues money continues to steadily come in as our retention committee is diligently contacting those who remain NPD. We will motion to suspend anyone not current with dues at our 4/12 Meeting.

Just a reminder that our Br. Doug Carlson is sponsoring a blood drive at his real estate office on 4/14 from 9a-7p. The address is Long & Foster 1109 W. Baltimore Pk, Media, PA 19063. You can contact Doug at [email protected] or at 302-290-9522.

Did you all know that one of our Brethren is a professional actor and is currently working in a show at the Walnut Street Theater. Br. Dante Bratelli is currently in the show Margaritaville at the Walnut which is running through April. If you would be interested in getting tickets to support our Brother, please let me know and I’ll organize a dinner and show,

That’s all for this week. Enjoy your week!

Frats- Jim

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights