Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #6

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #6

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren-

What a great day we had yesterday! We had the pleasure of making 3 new Masons by investing the Entered Apprentice Masons Degree on our newest Brothers, Brian Everett, Herman Wilson, Sr. and Joseph Sparco. The Degree teams did an outstanding job and we were assisted by Brethren from Mitchell Lodge No. 81. Afterwards, we enjoyed fellowship with lunch at Iron Hill Brewery.

So begins a busy week of Masonry. Monday evening will be our Instruction Night in Renaissance Hall followed by our Stated Meeting on Wednesday, February 9th. At our stated meeting, we will be conferring the Fellowcraft Degree on Br. Niko Serevetas and the Entered Apprentice Degree on Lorenzo Mazzamuto. We will do everything we can to streamline the business portion so we are not there too late. We do have a petition for ballot as well as reading a petition for the first time. We also have a motion to reinstate a member previously suspended for NPD. The WM has made arrangements to have the Lodge Room set up well before dinner at Maggiano’s at 6p. Speaking of dinner, if you haven’t made a reservation with me, please do so ASAP.

We are planning to confer the Master Mason Degree on Brs. Evan Martin and Herbert Wyche on February 19th and the Fellowcraft Degree on our 3 newest EA’s on February 26th. I understand this is a lot of meetings and a lot of Degree work, but we are blessed with a large number of candidates petitioning for membership and we are trying to complete their initiations timely. We also have new petitions being read, so we don’t want to create a huge backlog.

I recently saw some statistics of our District Lodges and I’m pleased to tell you we have the most members registered on Grandview, 100% verified addresses on the new system, most members who have paid dues online and the most overall initiates in the past 12 mos. Amazing job everyone!! 529 is definitely setting the pace!

The WM has decided that given the popularity of our Top Golf event this past Fall, he would like to do this event again in the near future. We will get a date together soon and announce it to all of you.

I haven’t forgotten about the polo shirts. I have several names of Brethren who want a shirt(s). If you would like to add your name to the order, please let me know color (blue or white), size and whether or not you want your name embroidered.

Our list of members not current on dues for 2022 is steadily coming down. We will issue one more reminder next week, then we will put the retention committee into action and begin doing personal contact. The powerpoint created by Br. Kyle is once again enclosed to assist you with registering on Grandview, updating your demographics and paying dues if you still need to, As always, if you are experiencing hardship, please reach out to me.

That’s all for this week, Brethren. Hope to see you out at our Stated and Extra Meetings to meet and support our new Brothers.

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights