Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #35

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #35

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren-

September is shaping up to be a busy month with several successful activities last week including an outstanding night of Instruction and our Stated Meeting in which our JW, Br. Herman Wilson, did an outstanding job presiding as WM. We read 3 additional petitions for the first time. We also made and seconded the preliminary motion to merge with Equity Lodge No. 591. The vote will take place at our October 12th Stated Meeting. Proxy votes are NOT permitted.

Tomorrow night we will have an Extra Meeting at which time we will confer 3 Fellowcraft Degrees. Dinner will be at Maggiano’s at 6p. There will be an additional Extra Meeting on Monday, September 26th and 3 more FC Degrees will be conferred.

If you are on the Planning Committee, we will have our annual dinner to review the presumptive WM’s term plan and budget this Wednesday, September 21st at Erin Pub, 36 W. Winona Ave, Norwood, PA 19704. We will start at 6:30p. If any Equity members receiving this email are interested in attending (I believe you have an Extra Mtg scheduled that night), you are more than welcome to attend. Please advise.

In a couple of weeks, a delegation of nearly 20 members and spouses will be traveling from all over the Country to attend the International Gathering of Lodges named for St. Alban being hosted this year by St. Alban Lodge No. 6 in Bristol Rhode Island. It will be during this gathering that we will make our formal invitation to attend the 2024 Gathering as we will be the host Lodge in Philadelphia. At this point, no one has stepped up to host the Gathering in 2023. Keep in mind that our Gathering (September 13-15, 2024) will coincide with our main celebrations of our 150th Anniversary of our Lodge. The presumptive RWGM and his party will be in attendance to greet our visitors from around the world at our 150th Anniversary Banquet which will be held at the Masonic Temple on Saturday evening, September 14, 2024. We have made preliminary plans for this weekend event, but we do need to nail down a final Gathering Committee as there are many details to be worked out, including a method to raise additional monies to help fund our anniversary activities. I would appreciate Brethren stepping up to help serve on this committee so please let me know.

I have several volunteers already signed up for the upcoming Masonic Baby Shower benefiting those who serve our Country being held at the Masonic Temple on August 29th & 30th. The 29th will be primarily wrapping gifts and the event itself will be held on the 30th. Right now I have the following signed up-

September 29th- David Hearst and Duane Bedley
      September 30th- Myself, Joe Cain, Lorenzo Mazzamuto, Doug Carlson, Ian Grau, Ron Crockett & Paul Mogianesi

If you would like to volunteer either day, please advise so I can forward your name to our DDGM.

The next email reminder regarding 2023 dues will be going out on 10/1. If you receive the email, that means you have not paid 2023 dues (125.00) as of yet. Deadline is 12/31.

That’s all for this week, Brethren. Have a great day and stay safe!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights