Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #31

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #31

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren-

529 is continuing to move onward and upward with the addition of 3 new Entered Apprentice Masons from our last Extra Meeting on August 10th. We are pleased to welcome Brs. Derf Raphael, Duane Bedley and Vince Kenny into our Lodge. We were blessed to have 28 members in attendance for an August Extra meeting which is amazing. Thank you to everyone who came out and supported us, but a special shout out to our 3 new EA’s from July, (Ian, Paul and Dominick) who all took part in the Degree work and did a wonderful job.

As of this morning we have an additional 3 petitions to read at our September Stated Meeting, so yes, we will be quite busy again this fall. Speaking of the meeting, the date is September 14th so please mark your calendars if you can. It will be Junior Warden’s Night so Br Herman Wilson will be presiding. We already have Br. Russ Combs, PM, stepping up to take the JW chair that evening, but we will need another PM to take the station of SW. Please let me know if you can assist. Herman has a speaker from New York coming, we will be reading the 3 petitions for the first time and we will make a preliminary motion to vote on the prospective merger with Equity Lodge No. 591. Dinner, of course, will be at Maggianos at 5:30p.

As far as other dates for September, we will have an Instruction Night in Philly on Monday, September 12th so our 6 EA’s can review their work as well as any other instruction that needs to be done. We are also planning 2 Extra Meetings on September 19th & 26th at which time we will confer 3 FC Degrees each night. I believe we are looking at another social event for September as well.

If you are interested in attending the District C Drive In Movie Night next Saturday, August 20th, the reservations must be made by the 19th. Contact information is on the flyer attached to this email.

Also want to remind those Brethren interested in attending this year’s Gathering of Masonic Lodges Named for St. Alban, September 30th- October 2nd in Bristol, R.I. I have attached the registration form which has all of the details. We already have a handful of Brethren who have registered for this event from 529. Please let me know asap if interested so we can begin setting up transportation arrangements (prob a bus or van depending on numbers). Please remember we are the host of this event in just a little over 2 years. Since there is no host for 2023 slated as of yet, we will be required to make a pitch for our Gathering this year.

I am also attaching again information for the upcoming Blood Drive I reported on last week. Br. Doug carlson’s contact info is on the flyer.

If you recently petitioned or joined St. Alban No 529 or not on our FB page, I would encourage you to join our private Facebook Group “St. Alban Lodge No. 529 Ancient York Rite Masons” for more updates and words of wisdom from our members and others.

That’s all for this week, Brethren. Stay safe!!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights