Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #23

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #23

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Morning Brethren-

Hope you are all taking advantage of this picture perfect weekend, at least for those of us living in the Northeast.

Obviously, the big topic this week is the Stated Meeting/ Strawberry Festival and Scholarship presentation this Wednesday. Right now, I have 75 confirmed for dinner and I told the caterer 80, so we could squeeze in a few more if you haven’t had a chance to RSVP. Please, if you RSVP’d and not sure if you did, please contact me as we are paying by the head for dinner so “no shows” are not a cool thing! The caterer has promised a great meal topped off by a wonderful strawberry based dessert. All 8 of our scholarship recipients will be attending with their guests as well as the contingent from Equity Lodge No. 591, who has proposed a merger with us. We will also be honored to host our DDGM, Sam Freeman and his wife, Barbara.

I am personally looking forward to the concert being given by Br. Lorenzo Mazzamuto after we eat. This is going to be a real treat to hear a world class violinist in the beautiful Grand Banquet Room.

Following dinner we will retire to Renaissance Hall, open the Lodge and then call off to recess for the presentation of the Joseph A. Fletcher, Jr., P.M. Memorial Scholarships. This year, we are fortunate to honor 8 very talented young men and women who have distinguished themselves both academically and extracurricularly. The awards will be presented by Kelly Fletcher, Br. Joe’s wife.

Following the presentation, we will call back on to labor and conduct a brief business meeting, the highlight of which will be to welcome a new plural member to our Lodge, Br. Douglas Whitmire and to ballot upon 6 petitions which have all been properly cleared by GL and investigated.

Tomorrow evening, we will meet to run through the ballot procedure and if anyone else would like to come to work on a part or rehearse a Charge, please meet at Renaissance Hall at 7pm on Monday.

An Extra Meeting will be conducted on Monday, June 20th to confer the MM Degree on Br. Jonathan Arrietta. Dinner will be at 6p at Maggiano’s and we will open at 7:30p.

Just a reminder, the W.M. has asked for Extra Meetings on July 13th and August 10th at Oriental Hall at the Masonic Temple in Philly to conduct Degrees on our 6 petitioners, assuming a favorable ballot.

Please keep Br. Brian Hopkins in your thoughts as he continues his recovery from recent open heart surgery. His family has set up a Go Fund me page to help with expenses. The link is https://gofund.me/74b37963

Multiple congratulations this week as Br. Kyle Schwirian welcomed a new nephew, Eli as well as to Br. Arseny Libkind who welcomed a healthy son (#2). Best wishes to both our Brothers.

I think that’s it. Busy week ahead, but a very memorable one indeed! So great to see Lodge 529 continuously on the move and doing great!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights