Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #18

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #18

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Morning Brethren-

I’m happy to report that scholarship applications are coming in pretty steadily and I must say I am always impressed with the caliber of candidates. When I look at their amazing transcripts I look in the mirror and say to myself “What did you do wrong in College!?!?” lol. I’m sure Br. Joe Fletcher, P.M. would be proud knowing his legacy lives on thanks to these amazing young people.

Not much else to go over this week, Brs Cain, Wilson and I attended the District C Night at Melita this past Wednesday which was an amazing evening of Fellowship. The group is pretty well set who will be attending Garibaldi Lodge in NYC this coming Friday.

Next week, of course, is our Stated Meeting. If all goes as planned I may have 2 petitions to read for Plural Membership and 5 (five)— yes I said 5 new petitions to read!!!

Please make sure you make reservations with me if you plan on attending dinner at Maggianos on May 11th. As our attendance grows, it’s important for the restaurant to have as accurate a count as possible so they know how to staff our Party. I’m also going to throw something else out there. The Lodge has been very generous with not asking members to pay a copay with dinner (we used to charge each member $16 pre pandemic.. still a great price for dinner downtown). We would like to continue this practice at least through this year, but I will ask the members attending to be mindful of what they order and not go “too over the top” if you catch my drift. Govern yourselves accordingly.

Please continue to keep Br. David Hearst in your thoughts and prayers. He was released from the hospital this past week and transferred to rehab to continue with his recuperation. He arranged for our speaker in May and has every intention of being there on the 11th. Let’s send positive vibes his way!!

Have a great week Brethren and Happy May!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights