Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #11

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #11

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren-

We had quite a busy and fun week. Last week’s Top Golf event was again a huge success and enjoyed by all who attended. We look forward to putting together more social events in the near future and feel free to reply and send over ideas. Some ideas that have come forward are Bowling, Axe Throwing, Clay Shooting, Pool & Cigar Night etc. I would especially be interested in hearing ideas on things we can do to more involve spouses, partners and families. I remember many years ago serving as a WM. I organized a family trip to NYC as an example.

We had a great Stated Meeting on Wednesday and honored to have our D.D.G.M., Sam Freemen in attendance who took time to update us on all the various programs this year from Br. Jeffrey Wonderling, our R.W.G.M.. We also had the pleasure of presenting the 25 yr service pin to Br. Neal Hayes.

Thursday, Br. Kyle accompanied our WM (now a plural member) and I to the Stated Meeting of Mitchell Lodge No. 81 in Chestnut Hill to assist with the conferring of a 2nd & 3rd Degree. Finally, yesterday, the Lodge sent representatives to the Open House and Town Hall Meeting conducted by the R.W.G.M.. All in all a busy and productive week.

Tomorrow evening is our Extra Meeting in Philadelphia. We will have dinner at 6 at Maggianos and will be conferring the 1st Degree on Eugene Dedov and the 2nd Degree on Niko Servetas. It looks like, based on the response, we will have a full Officer Corps in attendance plus others to assist with guide work, etc. If your schedule changes and you are not able to attend, please contact our SW, Kyle as he is putting together the Degree Teams.

I received the first Scholarship Application this week. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this. The deadline again is May 15th and we will present the awards at our June Stated Meeting.

Keep in mind future dates. Saturday, March 26th is our 2nd Extra Meeting this month and the last Saturday Degree extravaganza we will have for the foreseeable future. This will be in Chestnut Hill.

April 2nd, there will be a Mentor Workshop in Norristown from 8:30a-12. It is important that the Chairman and members of the Mentoring Committee and any interested PM’s register for this event to learn what is expected of a Mentor so we can bring back and educate the Lodge.It has been proven time and time again that if a new Brother has an actively engaged Mentor assisting him during AND AFTER he receives his Degrees, the chances of retention are much higher. I’m planning on attending and I’ll buy lunch for anyone who joins me. I’m sure there’s a McDonalds somewhere around there 🙂

We are organizing a trip to Garibaldi Lodge in NYC on May 6th to witness their very unique and entertaining Entered Apprentice Degree. I already have several Brethren who have expressed interest and it looks like we will be partnering with Melita No. 295 for the trip. Please let me know if you are interested in this one of a kind experience.

I know several of you have been asking about the International Gathering in September. I still haven’t received any details about this, but I will start making inquiries. Remember, we will be hosting this event in 2024 as part of our Lodge’s 150th Anniversary celebrations.

I think that’s all for now, Brethren. Have a great week!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights