Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #10

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2022 #10

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning and welcome to our own version of “March Madness”. All for good reason as we continue to grow and prosper and welcome new men into our Fraternity!

The month begins today with our Top Golf Social event. We sold out our available slots and looking forward to a fun, albeit damp, event today, but that’s the beauty of Top Golf being completely covered enjoying food and drink and attempting to hit golf balls. Looking forward to seeing everyone later today.

Tomorrow evening we have our Instruction Night so any Officer wishing to go over a part or any candidate looking to advance, this is your opportunity to meet with experienced instructors. It is now our understanding that if you are attending a rehearsal or instruction night, the attire is business casual. We start at 7p.

Wednesday is our Anniversary Stated Meeting and we will be visited by Br. Sam Freeman, D.D.G.M. who will be reviewing the R.W.G.M.’s itinerary of events for the year as well as assist us with a Masonic Service presentation or 2. Br. Ed Cole, P.M., Chairman of the Trustees, will also be providing us an update on the Lodges finances and performance the previous year and projections moving forward. We will also be voting on the petition of Jonathan Arrieta. Dinner will be at 6p at Maggianos so please make reservations with me if you plan to attend. The Grand Lodge has also dropped the mandatory vaccination requirement and simply asks any Brother not vaccinated to wear a mask.

Monday, March 14th will be an Extra Meeting in Philly. We will be conferring the EA Degree on Eugene Dedov and the Fellowcraft Degree on Br. Niko Serevetas. Please come out and help support our new Brethren. Again, we are planning dinner at Maggiano’s at 6p.

Any of our Fellowcraft Members may attend either of these Meetings!

Our big Extra Meeting will be Saturday, March 26th in Chestnut Hill as we will be conferring the Master Mason Degree on Brs. Lorenzo Mazzamuto, Herman Wilson, Sr., Joe Sparco and Brian Everett. Our plan is to confer two of the Degrees in the morning, break for lunch at the Lodge, then confer the other two in the afternoon. This will be an all day affair and we have received word from other Lodges they are sending Brethren to assist with Elected/Appointed Chairs to give our Officers a break. This will be our LAST Saturday Degree day for the foreseeable future as moving forward we will be able to confer Degrees on Monday evenings and I don’t anticipate any new petitions coming in this month (at least I haven’t heard of any). Please try and get this date on your calendar. This will be a big day for our Lodge as we raise 4 new Master Masons!

Our list of outstanding members who have not paid 2022 dues is slowly shrinking. Be advised that the deadline for dues payment before we must suspend for NPD is our April Stated Meeting (4/13/2022). Our Retention Committee is actively contacting our Brethren. If you are reading this and you know you cannot pay dues related to any financial hardship, please contact me as we can assist. Several members have made double or even triple payments as they want to assist those Brethren having difficulties.

I know it’s still early, but hopefully we have students completing scholarship applications. The money is there to be given so take advantage!

Whew, I think that’s it for now! Have a great day Brethren and we’ll see you soon!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights