Sunday With The Secretary 2021 #30

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2021 #30

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren-

Big week ahead of us! Tomorrow evening is our Instruction Night. Hopefully, the Officers can attend so we can do a final review of the Election and Installation procedures for Wednesday night’s Stated Meeting. As you know, we will be using the Teller Station Procedure for one of the elections (Junior Warden presumably).

With regards to Wednesday night. Dinner will be served at Maggiano’s beginning at 6p. I made a reservation for 25 people and our count currently stands at 25. Therefore, if you haven’t informed me you are coming and you show up, we may not be able to accommodate you. I can extend the reservation period to no later than tomorrow evening so please let me know. Looks like we will have a great turn out for the meeting with some pre-pandemic numbers!! Our Meeting is being held in Norman Hall as there is a Candlelight Concert being held in Renaissance Hall that evening.

Wednesday we will be balloting on 2 petitions. We completed Committees of Inquiry this past week and both were found very favorable. Then, of course, we will have our Election and Installation of Officers. We will only be installing the WM, SW & JW as presumably, the Secretary & Treasurer positions will be re-elections.

Please remember that Dues are due. Dues for 2022 are $125 and can either be paid by check made out to St. Alban Lodge No. 529 and sent to me at 10 Union Ave. PH-09, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 or you can register on Grandview and pay your dues online. I will be starting to mail 2022 dues cards in the next week or so. Keep in mind that if you register your account on Grandview, you automatically receive a Virtual Dues Card (no matter how you chose to pay your dues) which you can display on your smart device. How very 21st Century! I’ve attached the tutorial prepared by Br. Kyle.

Just to recap our new member situation. We currently have 3 EA members (all coming Wednesday night), we balloted on 2 new petitions last month (at least 1 is joining us for dinner), we have 2 petitions being balloted this month.. so if you’re doing the math that means we have 3 FC Degrees and 4 EA Degrees to confer in January. I also understand we may receive additional petitions to read for the first time this week. To be honest, I haven’t seen such an influx of new members into this Lodge for many years. I’m also very impressed with the enthusiasm being displayed by our new members and their willingness to jump in and get involved.

Speaking of new members, 2 of our newest Master Masons, Ron Crockett and Marshall Lane are both actively pursuing their “Master Builders” Award.. presented to new MM’s who in their first year of membership, take a very active role in the Lodge and complete a multitude of requirements. Yesterday, they represented St. Alban at the Masonic Baby Shower at Joint Base Maguire/ Ft. Dix/ Lakehurst in NJ. This is where your “Help for the Heroes” money is going to help young servicemen and their significant others who are expecting and providing assistance with much needed baby supplies. I understand there were 35 expecting couples at yesterday’s event which is held periodically during the year.

Several members have inquired about Lodge Polo Shirts. I have obtained the location where we previously had shirts made and have begun a list. So, if you’re interested in ordering St. Alban Polo Shirts just let me know what color (white/ royal blue), size, quantity and whether or not you would also like your first name embroidered on the shirt. I am hoping to get an order in place in mid-January.

Looks like we will have a good turn out for our first annual Brother’s Brunch which is being held one week from today. I’ll be emailing details to those who registered.

Just a reminder that the 30th Annual Masonic Breakfast will be held on January 22nd at LuLu Shrine in Plymouth Meeting. The Lodge has bought a table of 10 for the event and seats are going quickly. If you would like to attend, just let me know. This is free for the Brethren. Event starts at 10, but it is recommended you arrive early to get good parking. The event will honor our presumptive incoming Right Worshipful Grand Master Br. Jeffrey M. Wonderling.

One final note, Brethren have been asking me about Scholarship Applications. They will go out as an attachment to a future Sunday email sometime in early January with a due date sometime in late May. Our scholarship provides assistance to any St. Alban Mason or direct family member for either a private high school tuition or any level of higher education. The “Joseph A. Fletcher, P.M. Memorial Scholarship”, as we voted to rename it this year, is typically presented at our June Stated Meeting.

Well, I think that’s enough for one week. Hopefully, we will see many of you this week. Remember to stay safe!!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights