Sunday With The Secretary 2021 #26

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2021 #26

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Morning Brethren-

This will be mostly a message of reminders, but we have a number of things happening this month, so just want to make sure you are all well informed..

Tomorrow evening (Monday), we will be having our monthly Instruction Night. One of the items we will be reviewing is the “Teller” procedure for elections since our RWGM has directed all Lodges must conduct one officer election this December (even if uncontested) by the Teller procedure so we don’t lose this important part of Ritual. A few Brethren attended the Jenkintown School last Tuesday and were instructed so I would encourage all floor officers to attend tomorrow night so you can also learn what to do. The Schools of Instruction will be teaching the procedures at subsequent sessions during this month so I would also encourage any interested Brethren to come out to school during their next sessions either in Jenkintown or downtown. Dates are in your Notice.

Wednesday is our November Stated Meeting with dinner at 6p and the meeting starting at 7:30p. IF YOU ARE COMING TO DINNER AND HAVE NOT TOLD ME, PLEASE DO SO TODAY SO I CAN CHANGE THE COUNT WITH THE CATERER..We have a busy agenda as we’ll be balloting on 2 petitions, voting on a prospective plural member and reading more petitions for future consideration. We will be honoring our Veterans and remembering those Brethren we’ve lost the past 12 mos. In addition our WM has arranged for a speaker from a non-profit organization called “Kacie’s Cause” which serves to combat the ever growing problem of heroin and opioid addiction. I understand the presentation is quite enlightening. Hope to see many of you out. We had a great turn out last month and so far, I have about 23 reserved for dinner.

Saturday, October 13th will be our Extra Meeting at Prospect. Pending Wednesday’s ballot, we will be conferring the EA Degree on 3 candidates and Br. Kyle Schwirian, JW, has agreed to give the First Degree which will be his first on candidates! We will start promptly at 10 with a light breakfast at 9. We need everyone’s help to make these Degree Meetings work. Your help is appreciated.

Sunday, November 21st, several members will be attending the Candlelight Theater in Delaware for their annual Christmas production. Always been impressed with this company and I’m sure this year will be no exception.

Sometime over the Holidays, I would propose we get a group together and do a Sunday brunch.. again, just something fun and social. We will discuss it at the upcoming meeting.

Just another quick reminder that dues are due (125.00). The Grandview system is fully up and running so you can pay your dues online, but you will need to set up your account. The deadline for annual dues is 12/31/2021. If you currently owe dues, you should have received the notice by email. At this point, about 20% of the dues paying members have satisfied their obligation.

Brethren- your Lodge is moving forward and thriving despite some very challenging times and frequent roadblocks. We would love to see you come back and support what we have going on. Look forward to seeing the Brethren this week!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights