Sunday With The Secretary 2021 #24

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2021 #24

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Morning Brethren-

First, let’s recap.. we had our Stated Meeting back on October 13th and what a great night it was. There were nearly 30 in attendance (best since prior to the pandemic) and we enjoyed a presentation on the DeMolay program. Yesterday, we had our Extra Meeting and raised 2 new Master Masons, Brs. Marshall Lane and Craig Lashley. Thanks to Br. Alan Ozer for conferring their Degrees.

Just want to remind our newer members (<1yr) about applying for the Master Builders Award. You are all getting involved in so many ways and you’d be surprised how many of the requirements you have already completed. I have attached the requirements to this email so you can see for yourself. https://pagrandlodge.org/masonic-programs/master-builders-award/

The Grandview system is fully up and running. Those of you who owe dues should have received an emailed dues notice. Once you create your account (instructions attached), you now have the option of paying your dues online as well as updating your demographics, adding a pic of yourself and keeping up to date on Lodge activities. It’s all very simple and I paid my own dues online the other day and it took me less than 5 minutes. There is also an app for the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania offered for both Apple and Samsung products. Dues of $125.00 can also be paid by check made out to St. Alban Lodge No. 529 and sent to me or better yet, bring to the November Meeting.

I have also attached for your convenience the new Petition for Membership in a fillable PDF format.

A reminder that we have our TopGolf outing this Wednesday (10/27) from 7-9p. IF YOU ARE ATTENDING, PLEASE ADVISE EITHER BY MESSAGING ME DIRECTLY OR REPLYING TO THIS EMAIL AS I DO NOT HAVE A FINAL COUNT.

Our upcoming schedule will be as follows.. Our November Stated Meeting will be on 11/10 and the caterer is promising a traditional Thanksgiving offering of Turkey, Ham, Stuffing, etc. We will be recognizing our Veterans and remembering those in our Lodge who have passed over the last 12 mos. Our Extra Meeting will be Saturday, November 13th (Location TBD) at which time we will confer 3 Entered Apprentice Degrees. Please try to make these Extra Meetings as we really need your support and we will have a tremendous amount of work to do in the upcoming year. The trip to Candlelight Dinner Theater will be on 11/21 for those of you attending. The dinner will start at 1 and the show at 3. Lodge Notices for November will be emailed by tomorrow evening.

We will only have a Stated Meeting in December at which time we will elect our Officers for 2022, one of which we will be utilizing the teller procedure by order of the R.W.G.M.

We have already received our invitation from LuLu Temple to attend the 30th Annual Masonic Breakfast honoring our soon to be new R.W.G.M., Br. Jeffrey Wonderling. We typically buy a table for this event so please mark the date (January 22, 2022) on your calendar.

I know it’s a long way off, but I would encourage you to save the date September 13-15, 2024. 2024 is our 150th Anniversary Year and we have agreed to host the International Gathering of Lodges Named for St. Alban at our Masonic Temple in Philadelphia that weekend. That Saturday night, September 14, 2024 will be the International Gathering banquet at which time we will also celebrate our 150th Anniversary and the presumptive R.W.G.M., Br. Larry A. Derr, R.W.S.G.W, has already confirmed his attendance. Masons from around the world will also be flying in for the gathering that weekend so it should be quite a fantastic time.

Have a great week Brethren and stay safe!!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights