Sunday With The Secretary 2021 #18

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2021 #18

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Brethren-

This will be the last SWTS I’ll be writing for awhile as after this coming week, we will enter into our summer recess for the months of July and August.

Tomorrow evening is Instruction Night for any officers and candidates who will be advancing Degrees this coming Saturday at Prospect Park. We have reservations at Maggiano’s at 5:30 and we will head over to the Temple at 7p. We picked up a few things at school of instruction so hopefully, the officers can join so we can review a few things before Saturday to sharpen up the ritual.

Wednesday is our Stated Meeting and Scholarship Presentation. We have the banquet room at Maggiano’s reserved for 40 guests (their allowable maximum at this time) at 5:30p. A family style, pre-selected menu will be served. 31 of the 40 will be scholarship recipients and their guests and the elected Lodge Officers. There will be some room in the banquet hall, but once we hit 40, the additional members will be eating in the main dining room off the menu. Either way, you will get a great meal. We will move to the Temple for the Scholarship presentations by the Fletcher family afterwards we will have a BRIEF business meeting to wrap things up prior to recess. Parking will be free for all as I have extra parking vouchers. Dinner for members who are not guests of a recipient will be $16. I’m pleased to say we are looking at over 30 members attending this meeting which is the largest turnout since pre-pandemic and the Masonic Temple has relaxed its’ COVID requirements for vaccinated Brethren and guests. Please, if you have NOT RSVP’d, please do so as soon as possible so I can give the restaurant a reasonably accurate count.

Saturday the 12th is our Extra Meeting in Prospect Park with a light breakfast at 9 and starting at 10. We will be conferring 4 Degrees. All 4 candidates have been confirmed and Masters have been chosen for each Degree. We could always use as much help as we can for all or part of the day, whatever you can spare!

Brethren- we have come through an unprecedented and historic time in all of our lives. One which saw many difficulties for most of us and in some cases, immeasurable loss both personally and fraternally. Thank God we have come through and I appreciate all of you for your encouraging words and for sticking with us as we emerge from darkness to light once again. How appropriate that we honor our future this coming week and assist these fine young people as they realize their dreams and aspirations. Our Lodge is in a position of growth and fraternal prosperity and I for one am proud to be in this Fraternal Family with all of you. God Bless you all and please have a safe and healthy summer.

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights