Sunday With The Secretary 2021 #13

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2021 #13

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Brethren-

I’m getting my weekly email out a bit earlier this week as I will be pretty busy all day tomorrow and I wanted to make sure I communicated to you.

Obviously, the news of Br. Joe Fletcher’s passing has hit all of us to the core. Br. Joe was a consummate Mason who navigated our Lodge through good and bad times. We didn’t always agree with Joe’s opinions, but I for one respected his determination and fortitude and believe I speak for many, if not all, that we are all better men and Masons for having known him.Our Brother will be remembered Monday evening beginning with a viewing at Logan Funeral Home in Broomall from 5:30-7:30pm. At 7:30pm, we will have the Masonic Funeral Service for Joe and he will be eulogized immediately thereafter. There will not be an internment. I believe there will be a tremendous turn out of Masons from 529 and other Masonic bodies. The family is asking that all wear face masks. As indicated in previous correspondence, Br. Ed Cole, P.M., will preside for the Masonic service.

I am also asking we keep Br. Dante Distefano in our thoughts and devotions. As you recall Br. Dante recently lost his father, Br. Dominick Distefano just a few months ago. Dante is currently in Temple Hospital in serious condition. I do not know the extent of his illness, but I will update you as information is received.

The May Lodge Notice went out by email a few days ago. Just to recap, the Instruction Meeting will be on the 10th, Stated Meeting on the 12th and the Extra Meeting will be on the 17th. We will be conferring 3 FC Degrees at our Extra Meeting and I would encourage all 3 to attend the Instruction Night on the 10th so we can ensure proficiency with the required work. Times for each are published in the Notice. If you plan to attend dinner at Maggianos for any of the 3 evenings, I would request you notify me so that I can make an accurate reservation.

We will be hosting the District C School of Instruction at the Stated Meeting who will be presenting a demonstration of the Ritualistic work and we will also be balloting on the petition of Craig Lashley for Initiation & Membership.

So far I have received 5 scholarship applications or partial applications. Time is drawing near to the May 15th deadline. I am enclosing the application for your convenience. Please contact me with any questions. I know some of the paperwork requirements may be more difficult due to the COVID situation, so we will do our best to work around any issues.

Our WM has indicated that he would like to hold a social event for Brethren, their families and potential candidates. More information regarding this will be presented soon.

I know talking about the future right now is a very difficult topic after the events of this week, but Br. Joe would want us to carry forward and continue to grow and nurture our Lodge to the best it can be. Let us honor his memory and keep St. Alban Lodge No. 529 moving forward and strong!

Fraternally- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights