Sunday With The Secretary 2020 Last One +1 (#24)

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2020 Last One +1 (#24)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Brethren-

I am writing this morning to report to you the death of a well known member of the Lodge and I also would like to respond to an inquiry or 2 before the year draws to a close..

It is my sad duty to report the passing of Br. William H. Karasch, P.M.. Br. Karasch was 87 years old and became a Mason at Charles M. Swain Lodge No. 654 in the latter part of 1954 and subsequently served as Worshipful Master of Swain Lodge in 1959 and again in 1964. At the time of his passing, Br. Karasch was the elder P.M. of our Lodge and the last surviving P.M. from Swain Lodge, which merged with St. Alban in 1971 resulting in the name St. Alban – Swain Lodge No. 529. The name of the Lodge would remain as such until the early 2000’s when the Lodge voted to change the name back to St. Alban Lodge No. 529. When he could, Br. Karasch was a frequent attendee of Lodge and offered this writer advice and counsel on occasion which was gladly accepted. He always had a warm smile and cheerful greeting and was a true Mason and Gentleman. During his 66 years in Lodge he also held the position of Bursar and also served a brief stint as our Lodge Secretary. We will miss Br. Karasch, but are comforted knowing he has gone home with the Lord, but still will be missed until we meet again. Farewell, my Brother.. S.M.I.B.

I don’t have any further updates at this point regarding our current shut down except to say the Order from our Grand Master is in place until at least February 1, 2021. We will be scheduling a Zoom Social Meeting for January 13th ( my birthday.. so I definitely won’t forget the date) and the invite will go out to you shortly after the new year. If anyone has suggestions to make our zoom meetings more entertaining, we have been given permission to have speakers, play games and have contests. Be interesting to see what you can all come up with. If you have an idea, just forward to the WM and myself and we’ll incorporate it into our agenda.While it’s important to know how everyone is doing, we need to try some new things to keep the Lodge engaged during this unprecedented time. (How about a bagpipe concert, Br. McLuckie, P.M.???)

A quick update on dues and dues cards. I appreciate all those who have forwarded me their dues or paid online. We are actually under 100 members who still owe dues which is the first time in my years as Secretary we’ve been under 100 at the end of the Masonic Year. I have deposited all checks forwarded to me and the dues records with the Grand Lodge are up to date as of today’s correspondence. Dues cards will be coming very soon. I’ve been dealing with a big second surge of COVID at work which has monopolized my time so I apologize for not getting them out. If any Brethren are available for a socially distant, 2-3 person, dues card stuffing into an envelope get together, please advise and I’ll set it up.The assistance would be appreciated!!

As 2020 draws to a close, let me wish all of you my best wishes for a very Happy and Healthy New Year!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights