Sunday With The Secretary 2020 #6

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2020 #6

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Brethren-

Let’s start off this week with some very happy news. Our own Brother, Alex Fletcher, tied the knot with his fiance, Becca, at a beach front ceremony in the Bahamas yesterday while on vacation with his family. We all wish Alex and Becca all the best as they begin this new chapter in their lives together. We also wish the whole Fletcher clan an awesome rest of their vacation in paradise and safe travels back home.

We had a great (and very short) Stated Meeting the other week as we had the opportunity of performing a Table Lodge afterwards which was well received. In attendance were our DDGM, Br. Sam and our PDDGM, Br. Chuck Halloway. Needless to say I will never look at paint cans the same way again lol. We have no Extra Meeting scheduled this month, but we will resume with Degree work more than likely in April as we have 2 petitions in the works.

Attached to this message is a flyer for our upcoming Top Golf event at Harrahs in Chester in late March. Please save the date and let Russ or I know you will be attending. This is open to your family and friends.

April 5 is our Palm Sunday Service at the Masonic Village in Lafayette Hill. Brunch will be served at 1pm and it is imperative we have a count for this event so we can let the Masonic Village know. Please email me if you plan on attending.

Our March Stated Meeting will be on the 11th and it is our Anniversary Night. As such we will also be honoring Brethren who have reached significant anniversary years (25, 50, 60 & 70). Hope you can all come out and help us celebrate these milestones.

Brethren your 2020 Lodge dues are now past due. If you have not paid, time is of the essence as we are mandated to suspend your membership if you have not paid your 2020 dues. I know the Officers are trying to reach out to those who have not paid. Please get those dues paid ASAP. The majority of the dues cards were mailed over 2 weeks ago. I have another 10 going out this week for those who just recently paid.

Finally Brethren, and on a much more somber note, it was reported to me last evening that a Brother from Concordia Lodge No. 67 in Jenkintown, Br.Joseph Mennen, after leaving his Stated Meeting last Thursday night, was struck and killed while crossing York Rd. to return to his vehicle. As you can imagine, this has been a terrible shock to our Brothers family, Concordia Lodge as well as the Craft in general.Our Brother is being laid to rest this Tuesday and I would ask you keep his family and our Brethren in Concordia Lodge in your thoughts today and in the difficult days to come. I have sent a note of condolence to the WM of Concordia, Br. Stanley Pannella and offered our support. May our Brother be well received by the Great Architect of the Universe.. S.M.I.B.

Fraternally,

Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights