Sunday With The Secretary 2020 #18

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2020 #18

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren-

Hope you are all having a great weekend and enjoyed your Halloween fun. Heard many stories that homes experienced more Trick or Treaters this year than many previous years. Good to see a little bit of normalcy out there during what has been a pretty chaotic time.

The Masonic Temple was closed the past couple of days due to the presence of National Guard personnel stationed at both City Hall and the Municipal Services Building related to recent unrest in the city. The latest I’ve heard, and please provide me insight if you have any updates, is that it’s unclear at this point the length of time the National Guard will be deployed with the upcoming election so close at hand. I have reached out to our DDGM for any updates he may have on the status of the Temple as we enter November and if it is going to be open mid-month.

Assuming the Temple will be open, we will have our Instruction Night on Monday, November 9th with dinner at Maggiano’s starting at 5pm and rehearsal starting at 7.Our Stated Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, November 11th. Again, the plan for the Meeting will be to confer the FC Degree on Brs. Hearst and Hopkins as well as honor our Veterans for their service to our Country.

In the event the Temple is closed, we are coming up with a Plan B for a meeting location rather than outright cancelling. Our agenda is pretty heavy and the Master would rather not postpone given the upcoming holiday season. Whichever way this all goes, we will communicate with you via the weekly message, facebook, etc etc. Obviously, this would require a dispensation to move our Warrant so we will be in immediate discussion with our DDGM.

Brethren, please stay well and stay safe. Hopefully, you have already or will soon be exercising your Constitutional right and responsibility to cast your vote this Tuesday. God Bless America!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights