Sunday With The Secretary 2020 #16

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2020 #16

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren-

Well, all I can say is what a great Stated Meeting we had this past Wednesday. With 28 in attendance (awesome), we initiated 2 new Brethren and am pleased to welcome Brs. David Hearst, II and Brian Hopkins to the Masonic Fraternity and St. Alban Lodge No. 529. I can’t tell you how good it felt to see this amazing turnout and to see our ritual being conducted once again. It showed what a strong Lodge we are and that we will get through these trying times. In addition to initiating our new Brothers, we also read 2 additional petitions, so needless to say, we have much work ahead of us.

We will be receiving further guidance from the Temple as we move into November with regards to whether or not the caterer will resume service. If no dinner is available at the Temple, we will make arrangements for an off site dinner for both the rehearsal night, Stated Meeting and Extra Meeting, if we decide to have separate meetings in November. We will eventually need to resume Extra Meetings as the workload will be too much for a Stated Meeting given the Edict that we are not permitted to conduct “short” Degrees any longer.

Initial 2021 Dues Notices went out at the beginning of the month by email. Please advise if you didn’t receive. We have a large number of Brethren who have already paid their ’21 dues which is appreciated. The deadline is 12/31. Life Member dues cards were mailed last week as well as the last of the 2020 dues cards for those who just recently paid. 2021 dues cards will start going out to those who have already paid by the end of this month. At our Stated Meeting, we did need to suspend 25 members for non-payment. They can easily reinstate simply by paying their most current dues, but they will be unable to participate in any Lodge functions or functions of any Masonic Appendant Body until their Lodge dues are current.

Brethren, please continue to stay safe and be vigilant of your surroundings. Everything that I am hearing points to the fact we are in the midst of a second wave of an outbreak in many locations around the country. I know we have seen a resurgence where I work in Camden County. Again, if your situation prevents you from getting out and you need assistance with anything please reach out and we will help you! This is probably the greatest benefit we have belonging to our Fraternity is the camaraderie and knowing there is always someone there to give us a hand when we need it.

Have a great week!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights