Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #9

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #9

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning Brethren and Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

I have been trying to come up with a word that describes our Stated Meeting this past Wednesday andI have to say it was pretty flawless. The night was filled with excellent fellowship and an opportunity to welcome our new DDGM, Br. Sam Freeman as well as honor those who have reached milestone anniversaries.. most notably Br. Bill Savage, P.M. who received his 50 yr. Service Award. In addition Br. Larry Schwartz was recognized for his work bringing in new members and we recognized those members of the Lodge who have achieved the rank of Eagle Scout. All this was enhanced by some pretty amazing ritual and of course, we were blessed to have our Lodge Musician, Br. Don McFarland, once again enriching our meeting with his wonderful music on the organ. We had a great turn out of Brethren and I really think we showed our guests what an amazing Lodge we are!

Just a reminder, no Extra Meeting on Monday and there will not be an Extra Meeting in April, but we do have petitions starting to come in, so we will probably resume Extra Meetings in June.

Our Lodge bus trip to Alexandria and Mt. Vernon is fast approaching and we still have seats remaining on the Charter Bus. The price is $65/pp which includes lunch and dinner. The Lodge has heavily subsidized this trip to make it pretty affordable so hope you take advantage. Let me know ASAP if you would like to go.

I have started to receive Lodge Scholarship applications. They will be due by April 30th. Please contact me if you need an application. Please remember the scholarship is for blood relations of current or deceased members of St. Alban Lodge.

It’s not too early to talk about our April Stated Meeting. We have Ill. Br. Thomas R. Labagh, 33, Deputy for PA, A.A.S.R. speaking that evening on a very interesting topic. I’ve known Br.Tom for nearly 40 years and have heard him speak many times and I guarantee to you he never disappoints. Our meeting will be on April 10th.

I’m excited to hear several Brethren talking about making the trip to England this year for the International Gathering in Northumberland. How amazing would it be for St. Alban No. 529 in Philadelphia to produce a great showing so far from home. If you need registration information, please let me know and I will email to you.

Finally, I want to remind everyone about the Palm Sunday Service at the Masonic Village in Lafayette Hill. The date is April 14th and we will meet for brunch at 1pm and the service will be at 2:30p. Please let me know soon if you are attending so we can make brunch reservations, which is always quite good!

Enjoy your week Brethren!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights