Sunday with the Secretary 2019 #6

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday with the Secretary 2019 #6

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Morning Brethren and Happy Sunday-

Lots of highlights to report out this week!

We had our Stated Meeting this past Wednesday and the Worshipful Master offered a fun approach to giveg us instruction on the Master Mason Oath and Obligation. It was well received and several Brethren left with some extra prizes. Overall, the meeting went well and I think everyone was particularly impressed with how well the ritual is being performed to Open and Close the Lodge. Great to see our younger members taking a real interest in the work and executing it so well. I really want to give a shout out to Br. Kyle Schwirian who has now committed both the Opening and Closing Charge to memory and recites them like a pro. Way to go Kyle!

The next day, Br. Joe Fletcher, P.M. and I took a ride out to Elizabethtown to visit with Br. Jim Horan, P.M.. Br. Ray Cardona, P.M. also met us and we had a great visit. It looked to us like Br. Jim was doing pretty well. He certainly had his wit and he’s charming all of the nurses and waitstaff. He sends his best to all of the Brothers and would love to be able to get to visit one day.

Monday night is our Extra Meeting and as of this writing, we are still looking at 3 Master Mason Degrees. It is noteworthy that after this group of 3, we have one additional Brother who will get his 3rd Degree when he returns from an extended work trip, but then we have no petitions in the pipeline. As of now, there will be no Extra Meetings going forward until we get some new candidates in the loop. Remember, we will be meeting for dinner at the Courtyard Marriott at 5:45pm.

Invitations have gone out to all of the Brethren who will be receiving Anniversary pins at our March Stated Meeting (145th Anniversary). There are 9 who are eligible for 25 yr pins, 4 eligible for 50 year pins, 1 for 60 years, 3 for 70 years and we have 1 Brother who was initiated in May 1944 and will be celebrating his 75th Masonic birthday, Br. Joseph Bak, P.M.. Our D.D.G.M., Sam Freeman, will be at the meeting to make the various presentations.

I am providing the link to obtain information on the new Masonic Eagle Scout pin. If you are an Eagle Scout I would encourage you to fill out the application, provide the necessary documents and get your pin. If you receive the pin before March 13th, we would like to have them presented as well.. so please bring with you. I believe when I did a poll last year, we had nearly 10 Eagle Scouts in our ranks. The link for the pins is

Masonic Eagle Scout Lapel Pins

I am also attaching information for our April 27th trip to Washington, D.C. and Mt. Vernon. This looks to be a very fun day with your Brethren and friends at a cost of $65/pp. Please make the check out to the Lodge and forward to me as soon as you can if you are interested in going. We have a central meeting place and safe parking for your vehicle for the day.

Not to overwhelm you, but we also have information available for the upcoming 66th International Gathering of Lodges Named St. Alban in Northumberland, England from September 13-15th. If you are interested in going, please contact me for details. The registration form is also attached.

We mentioned at the Stated Meeting all of the great programs we have coming up at our future meetings going well into the Fall. Please keep an eye on your Lodge Notice for details as we really hope you come out and enjoy all of the offerings.

That’s all for now.. have a great week, Brethren and see you all soon.

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights