Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #32

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #32

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Brethren-

This past Friday we suffered an immeasurable loss within our ranks.. one that I am sure has touched all of us. Our beloved Br. Robert M. Stauffer, P.M., Secretary Emeritus, succumbed to an extended illness surrounded by his loving family. I am sure words cannot express the grief that is apparent at this point. I am comforted though by many things..

Bob never gave up and fought right up until the end AND did things his way! This past Spring, he bought himself a new car because he could and despite being on continuous oxygen and weakened, he made the decision he was going to attend the International Gathering this past September in England and with the assistance of his amazing family, that desire became a reality. I will forever remember running into Bob, his daughter and son-in-law in the streets of London and being greeted by that typical Bob smile and compassion.. he looked very content and happy!

I am also comforted by the outpouring of support following the announcement of the news of Bob’s passing by so many within and without our Lodge.. a fraternity brought together in grief, but also to remember one of the great ones.. who contributed so much of his time and talent to make our Fraternity that much better. On a personal note, I am so grateful that I got to know Bob on a much more personal level as he handed me the reigns of Secretary and very patiently taught me his craft always giving me encouragement and telling me what a good job I was doing. That meant so much to me!

Lastly, I am comforted by the fact that Bob has joined the Kingdom of Heaven surrounded by those who passed before him.. most especially his partner in life.. his beloved wife.

I am sure there will be much grieving in the days to come, but I am hopeful we will also celebrate a life well lived.. personally, professionally and Fraternally. I am sure most of us have been recipients of Br. Bob wrapping his arms around us and proudly stating.. “I’m a hugger!”

Details of Br. Bob’s service have not yet been announced, however we are told it is being tentatively scheduled for this coming Saturday. We will communicate those details via email and Facebook when received.

Just a quick reminder that Tuesday we will be having an Extra Meeting in which our WM will be conferring the Fellowcraft Degree on Br. Anthony Lepre. Dinner will be served at 6pm. I wondered if it would be appropriate to add anything in this message other than the announcement of Bob’s passing, however the business of the Lodge must move forward even in difficult times and I think we all know that Br. Bob would have wanted it that way!

Until we meet again, my Brother. May our Great Architect receive you in the bonds of Eternal Life! SMIB.

Yours fraternally,

Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights