Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #3

Welcome to St. Alban Lodge 529 Forums Sunday with the Secretary! Sunday With The Secretary 2019 #3

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Morning Brethren:

Hope you’re ready for some of the coldest weather we have had to experience in quite some time…unless you’re some of our lucky Brethren who live in amazingly warm spots like Florida or Hawaii. Seriously, it’s going to be dangerously cold the next day or so, so please take care of yourselves.

As reported last week, we have a pretty exciting year planned for all of you. In addition to all of the great presentations at our upcoming stated meetings, we also mentioned a couple of trips coming up. The trip to Washington and Mt. Vernon has now been scheduled for Saturday, April 27th. As was stated, this will be a 12 hour trip to our Nation’s Capital and Washington’s home and the Lodge will be able to subsidize a portion of the cost. We will have the member’s portion worked out very soon, but please advise if you have an interest in attending so we can get you on the advance list.

Brethren have also been asking about our annual scholarship. I have updated the application and attached to this weeks’ message. Please read the instructions carefully as there are several requirements to be completed. I would like to have the completed applications back to me by April 30th. We will present the scholarships at our June Stated Meeting.

This Friday evening, the Elected Officers will be attending the open Installation and Presentation of our new District Deputy Grand Master, Br. Samuel Freeman. This event will be conducted by S. Eugene Herritt, R.W.G.M. and should be quite an event. The next morning we will welcome Br. Herritt to the 28th annual LuLu Masonic Breakfast at 10am in Plymouth Meeting. I did send our list in with attendees, but please confirm if you will be going.

On a final note we have decided to make a couple of changes with Lodge refreshments. We will continue to have dinner at the Masonic Temple for stated meetings, however we have decided to move dinners prior to the Extra Meetings and Instruction Nights to the 1929 Restaurant on the 1st Floor of the Marriott Courtyard at Juniper at Filbert Sts. On both nights dinner will be served at 5:45p PRIOR to each meeting. We had a great time there prior to our Extra Meeting and the cost falls within our budget.. so let’s change things up a bit and give the Brethren a little more variety! Also remember if it’s your MASONIC birthday month, your dinner and parking on the Stated Meeting will be free, but it must be the actual month.

That’s all for now Brethren..have a great week and see you all soon!

Frats- Jim

James T. Clancy, P.M., Secretary
      St. Alban Lodge No. 529

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania, District C

Verified by MonsterInsights